Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Found an 04 Black & Chrome Edition.

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Miguello, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Miguello

Miguello TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Missing the chrome guard thankfully, because I would have changed it anyway regardless. Reflective pickguards just don't do it for me at all, in any color. Someone also did an amateur routing job and changed it to a humbucker in the neck. Not sure if I want to change it back to single coil. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. Overall not crap for $120 even out the door. I will probably strip it down and buff it to a high gloss, and use either a plain white or pearloid white guard. No chips or dings, only surface scratches that will easily buff out. LOVE the black headstock, it looks like a negative of a normal model.

Yeah I know, crappy pics. Better ones later today, once the sun comes up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Miguello

Miguello TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Also got this about 25 minutes later in another shop, for a good deal less than $300. Epi 335 Pro model. It was a good guitar finding day, hehe.

[​IMG]

3. Miguello

Miguello TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Better pics as promised. The neck pickup turned out to be a Fender Hot Rod, or Atomic, no clue on the ID since it has nothing but "55" handwritten on the back. If anyone can shed light on it, let me know. Sounds GREAT!! Like most Indonesian Squiers that I have played at least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Miguello

Miguello TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    A damn shame they were too lazy to get the pickguard done, and RUINED the middle mounting holes by drilling and hard mounting the pickup to the body.

5. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Congratulations on your find... For that price you got a great guitar, in what looks like a great state. You even got a Fender humbucker for free...

I did get a new mirror pickguard for it, because I just play in my house, never on stage... (and if I would, I have plenty of other teles for that).

6. Miguello

Miguello TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Genius just struck... Thinking about dropping in a P90 I have laying around not doing anything. If it doesn't sound like I want it to I can always go back with a humbucker or a stock style neck pickup, and get another guard.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.