Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Footswitch schematic for Fender Acoustasonic 90 and 150

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Revnelli, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Revnelli

Revnelli TDPRI Member

May 23, 2016
    Trail, BC, Canada
    Just worked this out so posting for the benefit of whoever.
    MCM do a footswitch for $15 which can be adapted by changing two resistors for two zener diodes - 2.7v (Ch1) and 5.1v (Ch2). Better than Fenders $60.
    Diagram attached

Acoustasonic footswitch schematic.jpg

2. PWRose

PWRose NEW MEMBER!

Mar 11, 2017
    Virginia
    Thanks Revnelli! I made a CAD drawing of your circuit for the benefit of other DIYers. Does anybody have a diagram for the Acoustasonic Junior DSP footswitch? It's a different Fender part number 006220600.

Attached Files:

3. jamminjames

jamminjames NEW MEMBER!

Jul 5, 2018
    California
    When you say, "can be adapted by changing two resistors for two zener diodes - 2.7v (Ch1) and 5.1v (Ch2)," what footswitch are you talking about adapting, and do you mean the original will have the resistors, and swap them out for zeners, or the other way around? Is the original you are referring to the Fender Champ Pedal? They are only $25, so it would be nice to be able to convert it to one that will work with the Fender Acoustasonic 90 I have.

A diagram I found for the Champ pedal, which also has two switches. The diagram says it has a 5.1v zener diode in it already, thus my confusion. It shows only one for the two switches, so maybe one switch in the Champ pedal doesn't need a diode? It's just on/off? So, if I converted it for the Acoustasonic, would I just need to add a 2.7v to one channel? I'm attaching the jpeg. Thanks for any help.

Thanks to both of you for the nice work!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018

4. Revnelli

Revnelli TDPRI Member

May 23, 2016
    Trail, BC, Canada
    I was talking about adapting the MCM footswitch. However MCM no longer exist. I'm sure there are other brands around though.

5. jamminjames

jamminjames NEW MEMBER!

Jul 5, 2018
    California
    Thanks for the reply. What do you think of the possibility of using the one I posted about? If the diagram I found and posted is correct, all it would need is the one zener diode on the one side, correct? (Since it already has a 5.1v on the other side.)

6. Revnelli

Revnelli TDPRI Member

May 23, 2016
    Trail, BC, Canada
    It might even work as is - but swapping one diode for a zener is not a big issue

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.