Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Footswitch for Fender Princeton

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by drob, Nov 10, 2017.

1. drob

drob Tele-Holic

Jan 6, 2011
    Toronto
    Does anyone know how I could build a 1 button footswitch to control the Tremolo Only? I have a single button switch but it knocks out the reverb and the Tremolo has a clicking sound with each pulse when I use it. I usually play with a touch of reverb so not interested in having that foot switchable, and I use a pedal train nano and don't have the space for a full sized footswitch. Suggestion would be great - thx.

2. corliss1

corliss1 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    It depends - is this a vintage 2 RCA jack model or a more modern 1 1/4" model?

nojazzhere likes this.

3. drob

drob Tele-Holic

Jan 6, 2011
    Toronto
    Reissue with 1 1/4 stereo jack

4. corliss1

corliss1 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Cool - so here is the schematic for the reissue footswitch

screenshot.2.jpg

So you want to make a switch that connects tip to ground using a stereo plug.

Wally likes this.

5. robrob

robrob Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2012
    United States
    Your foot switch will need a TRS (tip/ring/shield) 1/4" jack.

If I'm reading the schematic right then closed switch for vibrato = on and closed switch for reverb = off.

If that's right then don't connect the jack's ring terminal (reverb) to anything for always on reverb. Tip and Shield connect to the vibrato foot switch's two terminals.

Wally likes this.

6. drob

drob Tele-Holic

Jan 6, 2011
    Toronto
    Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.