Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Flower power is back (NGD)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rocking rooster, Mar 20, 2017.

1. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Oct 13, 2011
    Somerset UK
    Just when I thought I was all done with GAS, they went and released a new batch of FSR Paisleys and Florals in the UK. I have to confess that this has caused me to fall off the wagon.
    I always thought that the Pink Paisley was cooler than the Blue Floral, but not £300 cooler (that's about $375 in American), which is the price difference here.
    I've got to say that the build quality is excellent and in places surpasses my 52 AVRI. Plan A was to put a few miles on it than change the saddles for compensated brass ones but right now I love the sound as it is, and the intonation is pretty damn close.
    Anyway here she is :

[​IMG]

Kestrel, gtrwrks, ricardo1912 and 8 others like this.

2. MRey

MRey Tele-Meister

Jan 30, 2017
    IL
    Nice, I must admit I'm drawn to them for some weird reason, enjoy!

3. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Too Cool :cool: ... Congratulations !

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    I think Fender had a limited run DRRI in that blue flowered pattern as well - I remember seeing them a few years ago. It would match your Tele!

How's your GAS now? :lol::lol::lol:

6. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    [​IMG]
    Like this!

DanDII likes this.

7. AAT65

AAT65 Tele-Afflicted

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Beautiful, and really good guitars. I so nearly bought one when they were in the UK shops a few years ago... if I see one next time I'm in Red Dog Music I might just have to give in!

8. Texas Special

Texas Special Tele-Meister

Count me in. I have one. Well, it's an Allparts with a neck that I made. But so cool.

9. MRey

MRey Tele-Meister

Jan 30, 2017
    IL
    You must buy this now, I think it's written somewhere. :)

10. bsman

bsman Tele-Holic

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    I wasn't aware that those MIJ Pink and Blue fancies were ever out of production! I have to admit to a bit of envy...

11. ickylick

ickylick Tele-Meister

Jan 21, 2011
    New York
    Congrats OP!

Hope it inspires you~ (I know it did for me :D). I never realized the metallic/silver flower in the pattern. My tele has aged/yellowed quite a bit from the original color over the years, so I wouldn't have known. Nothing sparkles except my face from sweat lol.

telecaster.JPG

12. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

13. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    .UK
    Very nice OP and hngd to you! I'm going to get shot down in flames for this, but I like the blue paisley, better than the pink..run's for cover!
    ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.