Of the many projects I have going I finally finished one. I call it the floorcaster. Here's a little back story. We got new neighbors, as it turns out I work with one of them. Anyway, they are completely re-modeling the house, ripping it out to the studs. In the process they tore out a whole bunch of maple flooring, you know the solid maple pre-finished type 3/4 x 2 1/2. So I harvested a bunch from the scrap pile and put it in the garage, de-nailed it and set it aside. Then of course what do we do around here with a pile of wood? Make it into a guitar of course. So I set out to make a guitar for our neighbor. I didn't do a build thread on this one but here is a little description of how it was put together: Since it is maple I didn't want it to get too heavy so Thinline. I ran a whole bunch through the planer to get the backs flat and the finish off the tops. Cut off the tongues and grooves on the table saw. For the neck I laminated 4 pieces together for the main part of the neck and a couple "ears" at the headstock, planed down one piece that had some great birdseye for a fingerboard. For the main part of the body I basically made a butcher block that I shaped into a body and cut out the chambers. The top and back I planed some stock down to 1/4" and edge glued them. Opted for double bound and a small thinline pickguard with regular control plate. For the plastic I discovered a couple sheets of white abs (I think) in the shed that the Mrs. had salvaged from her old job before they threw it away. I took a piece to work and set the shear at .250 and cut enough binding strips to last a long time. Alright enough with the blah, blah right on to the pics: Ok, after looking at the pictures, I clearly need to get a shot showing the binding.