Hi guys, I have been lurking here for a while and some have you may have noticed me recently asking some questions here and there. Well I have been quietly starting to make a telecaster using the T Downs blueprints and thought it was about time I put up the obligatory build thread! First up I visited a local, family run timber yard to find some nice hardwood. I got there and explained to the guy the kind of wood I was after and he took to me through to a massive pile of American White ash! I got them to plane and thickness some up for me ready to glue up and picked it up the next day, after handing over £27 all inc. which I thought was pretty reasonable! On the way home I popped by a local modelling shop to buy some titebond and then set to work. I started by first sawing the ash I half so that I could joint it up to get sufficient width, man that stuff is hard! It took 20 mins with the hand saw and a lot of sweating to get through it! I then lined the pieces up for the best grain match over the joint and drew an indexing squiggle on the top to save time when clamping. Next I cut up some scraps of MDF left from making the 9mm template to use on the surface where the clamps would be to avoid denting the wood and got the sash and g clamps ready. I spread titebond onto the 2 surfaces and then rubbed the two edges together and sat them in the sash clamps. I then placed the g clamps over the joint at each end to avoid the joint moving under pressure and tightened them all up. I then cleaned of the excess glue with a damp rag, and admired my work over a coffee.