Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

First Partscaster Assembly

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Vanzant, Sep 28, 2013.

1. sonserve

sonserve Friend of Leo's

As the others said, great job. What a nice looking partscaster.

2. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Thanks! I've been really liking the sound of these Don Mare pickups...

3. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Hey Folks,
    I am noticing that this thread has something like 8885 views! I am curious if anyone has used this thread to help build their own partscaster? If so, I would love to hear about it...perhaps see pictures or links to your build if you are sharing it on the forum...I would also love to hear what people think about my build, so feel free to comment on this thread. So far this guitar has done me right, and has become my main axe. I want to post a video demo of this guitar...any suggestions on the best way of going about that...getting the best sound, etc... Anyhow, just thought I would throw that out there... Thanks for looking!!

4. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    I have saved several photos for ideas to be used on future projects.

5. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2011
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I am doing my first build right now and I am following this thread to the letter.

6. JackStraw

JackStraw Friend of Leo's

Mar 22, 2008
    In The Pines
    What a great and informative thread! Nice job.

7. rogb

rogb Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2012
    London, England
    Good job there:D, and the Bennet decals are in my experience the best you can get.
    Next thing for you is to spec a bare body and neck and spray them up in nitro- most satisfying:p

Attached Files:

8. Georgie_Montero

Georgie_Montero TDPRI Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Chile
    Congratulations!, you have a nive body, i love the blonde finish and the wood grain patern are perfect.

Enjoy!

9. decal

decal Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2013
    St. Paul, MN
    Very inspiring!...I'd love to see a video!

10. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    I have some time off, so I am going to try to put together a video soon...any suggestions on how to make the best demo?

11. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Short Video Demo

Here is a very short video of this guitar. I used a point and shoot Canon camera to record this video, so the overall sound quality isn't too great. I thought about using my recording equipment, but that would have taken a while to set up, so that might be a goal for the future. In this video I just demo the pickups clean and with a bit of gain from the amp (no effects except reverb from the amp). This video is sort of a test to figure out the process of creating a video, uploading it to YouTube, etc.. So if you have any suggestions on how to make it better let me know because I plan on making another one soon, and I know this can be better, if not longer. Please give feedback. Cheers! :lol:

12. rogb

rogb Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2012
    London, England
    It says this video is private, I'm afraid.

13. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Okay, try it now

14. rogb

rogb Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2012
    London, England
    Nice! Plenty of twang and thunk there:p

15. decal

decal Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2013
    St. Paul, MN
    Nice balance on the pickups! Yeah! Shoot a longer one!
    The powershot doesn't sound bad....I have to do the same thing ( shoot a video on an
    SLR camera and record sound with proper mics into my midi interface and edit the two together )

I wish I would've seen your thread before I mounted my neck pickup...I have to re-do it..I was in a hurry and botched it...

16. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the feedback, I am going to try recording with interface and camera, we'll see if I can get them to match up...

When I built mine I couldn't find much on the forum on how to install the neck pickup, and I was afraid that I was going to blow it... I got lucky :lol: Good luck to you, it shouldn't be a too hard a fix.

17. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    Maine
    Nice job VZ! Thanks for posting all the great pics. I don't see much difference twixt the pickguards; I vote glossy.

18. digiprod

digiprod Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2011
    New Jersey

19. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Thanks! I wouldn't mind doing one like Buck & Don's...

20. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Thanks! I went glossy :) Cheers!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.