Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

First parts caster build... Screws...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by jfgesquire, Jun 13, 2018.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Okay, building my first Partscaster, and I'm finding the big parts easy, but it's the little parts that add up.

Poplar body, maple cap maple neck, Squier classic vibe Alnico 3 bridge, Alnico 5 neck pickups, "vintage" 6 saddle bridge, Alpha pots... Check...

But hardly anything comes with screws. I can't find one vendor that has all the different screws and little stuff... Bridge screws, control plate screws, pickguard screws, pickup screws, neck plate with screws, strap buttons with screws, string trees with screws. I'll pay double my purchase in shipping getting those parts from 4 or 5 different vendors. Am I screwed?

The one in the pic is a 1965 Dakota Red with maple cap neck that I'm making a replica of. The pic was taken in the mid 80's when the guitar was barely 20 years old and not the collectible it is today. It was my friend's guitar, sold about 15 years ago to fund a divorce. I always liked that guitar... I'm sure it will bring a tear to his eye.

Anyway, any help where you builders go for the little things would be greatly appreciated. dakota%2065.jpeg

2. Slowisfast

Slowisfast Tele-Meister

Jul 9, 2014
    Mt. Rainier
    Nah man, just head to a local hardware store with the specs of the screws you need.

Or check guitar parts resource..they probably can help.

3. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    jfgesquire likes this.
  4. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Is there a list somewhere with the screw specs? A search on these forums for "screw specs" (or specifications) was not as easy to sift through as you may think.

And my local True Value and Ace stores didn't have anything in chrome plated wood screws, pickguard sized, last time I looked.

5. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    Stewmac, Allparts. The hardware store will always be cheaper but finding sizes of what manufacturers use can be tricky.

6. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Well, I PLANNED on building one Tele and one Strat, so bulk isn't really an option, but Angela is a good start and the list link is nice, too. Thanks.

7. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Stewmac had a few things and Allparts had a few others, but neither has everything which means double the shipping and still paying too much for some things.

I've purchased from both before and Stewmac does have excellent customer service.

8. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahah!

Damn, that's funny. I remember when I thought that too. The sickness took over before I knew it, and here I am. It's very sad.

jfgesquire likes this.
  9. Slowisfast

Slowisfast Tele-Meister

Jul 9, 2014
    Mt. Rainier
    ianstrike likes this.
  10. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    I'll have to try that link from a different browser, my cell phone browser didn't like it... Screenshot_2018-06-13-19-59-59.jpeg

11. Slowisfast

Slowisfast Tele-Meister

Jul 9, 2014
    Mt. Rainier
    Yeah. I get that error on occasion. It's safe and I buy from them often. He probably didn't pay extra for his SSL cert.

jfgesquire likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.