Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

First NGD... First Tele Build... Warmoth Partscaster Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by stuffinplays, May 1, 2018.

1. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    That’s a good-looking build! I’m not usually a fan of gold hardware but it works on this build.

2. Torvald

Torvald TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kingston WA
    Wow! That is an awesome guitar. I like everything about it. Neck, body contours , pickups, switching , everything. Should be an absolute delight to play! Or even just to hold!

stuffinplays likes this.
  3. Bigpernz

Bigpernz Tele-Meister

Apr 28, 2016
    Idaho
    That's a stunner well done!

stuffinplays likes this.
  4. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    your tele is beautiful absolutely beautiful every aspect of it ring in harmony ,.
    When I win the lottery ( odds are at 567,342,629 to 1, so it could happen :rolleyes: ) I will have you design some teles for me.

5. stuffinplays

stuffinplays TDPRI Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Tampa
    Those odds could be worse, could be 567,342,630 to 1! Let me know I'd be happy to!

I sold this guy recently, though. I loved the look but did not bond with it. I think I made it so grand and "perfect" in my head and when I finally had it, it just didn't live up to my own expectations so I sold it!

chemobrain likes this.
  6. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    awe, the heartbreak of success.
    selling it does not negate your designer continuity. I think you possess conceptual continuity.
    please display your build as you please I look forward to seeing them
    over at the Warmoth site the have/had a builders display area and some of the examples were stunning, others were, well I hope they played and sounded well and good

7. stuffinplays

Nov 30, 2017
    Tampa
    Well thank you very much, most of my inspiration came from searching through these very forums!!

8. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    Very nice, congratulations!

9. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    :oops: OH, OH MY MY! this a beautiful telecaster. well done sir.;)

stuffinplays likes this.
  10. Ragnar

Ragnar TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Illinois
    Beautiful! The Kotzen tele is on my list, not just for the signature aspect (though I am a huge fan of his). I need as much hum cancelling as I can get when I play and the 60 cycle hum is too much sometimes. In that vein, I am also doing a Warmoth Tele build... I am on the road for 3 week and can't get to it. Driving me nuts. My wife took a pic for me, so sorry for the poor quality of it. I am in India and needed a boost, so she snapped a quick pic.

You can tell what I am going for... Best of both worlds so to speak. I have never had a modern Gibson that I could reliably gig with due to tuning stability, but LOVE a single pickup guitar. This has a maple cap and mahogany body. I have a Bare Knuckles War Pig Humbucker (21K output, I think), a 550K volume pot, 550K tone pot and a .022F oil and paper Bare Knuckle cap. Going with a modern Tele humbucker bridge, Schaller strap locks to fit my two straps, pretty much bog standard neck and vintage tuners. I cannot wait to get started on this!

Thanks for posting yours, makes me feel good to see a beaut of a project completed!

Attached Files:

stuffinplays likes this.
  11. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Stunning. Perfect choices throughout.

12. preactor

preactor Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2009
    gainesville, ga
    Great looking guitar all around!

13. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2018
    Queens, NY
    I love the neck!

Good luck with it.

Mike ;)

14. stuffinplays

Nov 30, 2017
    Tampa
    That's a killer body, are you going to put a pickguard on it? That sounds like it'll be a very fun build and I hope you post some photos of the final product! :)

For anyone interested I have been finagling trades on the local the used market and through selling this tele, adding $250 on one trade, and trading for another guitar a couple times times, I managed to end up with something very unique that some may appreciate round these parts :) It certainly isn't a tele but the pickup configuration is close enough right??!! 2017 Aristides 060 from Netherlands.
    IMG_4496.JPG

shupe13 and cc50fralin like this.
  15. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2018
    Queens, NY
    Very nice, stuffinplays.

I love a humbucker by the neck, and, a Tele-style pickup by the bridge.

Mike ;)

16. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2018
    Queens, NY
    Very nice, stuffinplays.

I love a humbucker by the neck, and, a Tele-style pickup by the bridge.

Mike ;)

17. Ragnar

Ragnar TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Illinois
    I like that! As for a pickguard, I ordered one but will see how it looks with and without. Thanks for the kind comments.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.