Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

First ever solo gig with two guitars. Need A/B box advice!!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by vedt, Apr 6, 2011.

1. vedt

vedt Tele-Holic

Nov 8, 2010
    North
    I've played live plenty of times before, but never with two guitars. For this gig, I’m brining both my Tele and acoustic, and need some advice on how to hook these things up via an A/B box.

1. I want to run the Tele through my pedalboard into a Blues Jr., which will be mic’d.

2. I want to run my acoustic through only my tuner, volume, and compressor, and then straight into the PA.

3. My pedal order for the event will be:
    tuner > volume > compressor > delay > reverb.

4. My plan is to buy an A/B box, and place that right after the compressor.

5. Output 1 will be for my Tele, and will run through the delay and reverb into the Blues Jr.

6. Output 2 will go straight to the PA

Will this work? I don’t own an A/B box, so that’s why I’m asking. And while we're on it, A/B box suggestions are welcome. On the one hand, I don't play live very often. On the other, if I'm going to buy an A/B box, I might as well get a good one. I don't know the difference between the Boss LS-2, Whirlwind, Morley, Radial Engineering, Lehle, etc.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. bigbandtele

bigbandtele Tele-Holic

I'd use two. One in front of the tuner, so you can leave both guitars plugged in, and one after the compressor.

I have an A/B switch made by Boss; others will chime in with their suggestions.

If I'd known about it when I was shopping for tuners, I'd have gotten the Korg Pitchblack with two inputs and an A/B switch.

3. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

Dec 22, 2008
    St. Paul MN
    Carvin makes an inexpensive A/B box. I think its under 50 dollars. Works wonderfully.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Holic

Jan 19, 2011
    Boss LS-2, kind of an unsung hero in the world of signal management.

6. Progbusters

Progbusters Tele-Meister

Nov 1, 2010
    Northern California
    Whirlwind selector me likes. I like the switch. No noise.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.