Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

First build .. ovation breadwinner/deacon.

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by zen-box, Aug 15, 2013.

1. zen-box

zen-box Tele-Meister

Always loved these .. back in the day I used to be in a pop-goth band with a guitarist who used to rock a 12 string 'un .. this'll be the hardest thing i've ever made and i reckon i'll need a load of help.

I have a lefty Hohner st57 neck courtesy of ebay, which i reckon will suit the shape beautifully; and the ever-helpful coffin-dodger next door has a lovely hunk of sycamore, a bandsaw, router, etc .. and more importantly, a vague idea what he's up to with the wood. He's also part of a wood-working group who meet in a local tech. college if it all gets a little complex for us simple folk.

It'll be his first guitar build too.

I've plundered the interweb and found a vector drawing

http://www.box.net/shared/s1fecmq5y1

First dumb questions centre around the neck pocket (or lack of it on the diagram), and calculating the position of the bridge. I want to use a tele humbucker cut bridge, with a tappable 'bucker, in a kind of ovation/esquire design.

Help please !!!

2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity

Take the TDowns Drawing available at the top of the main Home Depot page and superimpose it on the Ovation drawing. You want the bridge hole locations and the neck cavity I guess.

3. JCJCJC

JCJCJC Tele-Holic

Thanks for sharing your drawing. I think it would be a nice shape for an electric mandolin also. Good luck with this project.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Rock-Ola

Rock-Ola TDPRI Member

Always wanted to build one of these. Looking forward to following your progress.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.