Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Finished My Multi-Guitar Stand

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by Steve Holt, Sep 4, 2017.

1. theleman

theleman Tele-Meister

Sep 11, 2017
    Mars
    That's cool. That's what I need. Does it hold acoustic guitars too?

2. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    The first to slots on the left side are spaced wider to accommodate an acoustic body or two. I keep my banjo in one, but I don't own an acoustic. It'd hold it though because it'll hold everything else. If I remember right I gave each electric slot 5 inches of clearance (2 inches for the guitar and 3 inches between it and the next guitar. The 2 acoustic slots I think were more like 7 or 9 inches.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

theleman likes this.

3. bcarter_1

bcarter_1 Tele-Afflicted

Very nice, do you happen to have the dimensions that you used?

4. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    Off the top of my head no, but I can certainly measure for you if you're interested.

I can tell you it's about 60" wide though and that's enough for 7 electrics and 2 acoustics with enough space between the electrics for tremolos to stay on.

5. bcarter_1

bcarter_1 Tele-Afflicted

Yes please, I've been contemplating making something like this... I'd love too know the spacing for the bottom pieces and if the center of the top piece is tipped back...
    I really like how yours turned out.

6. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    I made mine based on a picture I found online.

The top board isn't angled back, but the guitars rest against it so gently I'm happy with it.

The entire thing is made of 3/4" plywood. For the two bottom boards I think they're about 5" wide. To decide on the angle I laid a couple different guitars on the floor and put a couple small chunks of plywood down to see where it would cradle them, and tried it on a few different models to make sure it would work. I don't know if there's a bad angle or distance so long as the guitars make contact on them and they're cushioned well.

bcarter_1 likes this.

7. bcarter_1

bcarter_1 Tele-Afflicted

8. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas

9. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    When I get home I'll take some better measurements.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.