Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Finding out the number of guitars in a "run"

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by variantboy, Jul 3, 2018.

1. variantboy

variantboy Tele-Meister

Jul 4, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I'm curious how i'd go about finding out how many guitars Fender made of the same color of a specific model (in my case a Custom Shop Faded Sonic Blue 1963 Journeyman Telecaster - my avatar) just to get an idea of where it sits in the "rarity" spectrum. Is that just a matter of putting an inquiry into the folks at fender support/customer service? Anyone attempted to look this up before?

2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Email FMIC support and provide as much info as you can.

I've found them helpful but often vague on precision. Either they don't provide access to records or their record keeping is less then comprehensive. Probably both .

Archtop Bill likes this.

3. variantboy

variantboy Tele-Meister

Jul 4, 2008
    U.S.A.
    For any of you who were also curious about this - I did go ahead and use the 'Contact-us' link on the main fender site :

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/contact-us

and within a day or two someone responded and gave me my answer (They only made a total of 14 of my particular model in sonic blue, which for some reason made me happy).

so there you go. thanks, fender.

4. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Yes Fender customer relations is most excellent. I have emailed them quite a few times and the responses are always quick and helpful.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.