Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Finals week

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by misterbluesman, Dec 9, 2012.

1. misterbluesman

misterbluesman Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2012
    South Carolina
    The worst part of college.

Heh, back to studying.

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Just wait until you get out in the world and life kicks your ass a few times. You'll look back on this time as "the good old days".

3. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Ain't that the truth!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    For students. Professors don't have it too bad, depending on the field and number of students.

6. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    My senior year of college... during finals week... I walked into class and sat down, about 5 minutes early. The class begin to fill. Right as the professor walked in my eyes began to water. Then I smelled pepper, and I sneezed. Several others did too. Then people began coughing and sneezing... and getting up to leave.

Someone had sprayed a liberal amount of pepper spray or similar in the classroom, and it was a lower level class with no windows. We waiting about 10 minutes and a fan was brought from an office... but it did very little.

The professor scrambled around to find a different classroom, but there were none available. And with all the disruption, he decided to postpone the test. We were all instructed to check the bulletin board for further instructions.

Later that day he put up a note to come by his office before the end of the week and take the test sitting in his office. I guess someone bought them self some time.

7. andrewsadlon

andrewsadlon Tele-Meister

Jun 17, 2012
    DeLand, Florida
    That's awesome.

I started to study for trig tonight. My brain exploded, I'm just gonna look over formulas the night before the test :D At least it's all multiple choice.

8. tbp0701

tbp0701 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 4, 2005
    Ohio
    It helped me to think of finals as just a big review of the last few months and to prove I was paying attention.

Incidentally, I still occasionally have that dream where I realize I haven't shown up for a class all semester, the final is soon and I'm pretty much screwed. I don't think it ever completely stops.

9. promagnum

promagnum Tele-Holic

Great thing about professional semesters is.....no exams....

:)

10. misterbluesman

misterbluesman Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2012
    South Carolina
    Oh I love being in college. But for this one week out of the semester...

But I'm done after Tuesday. And then no more till Jan 9th. Life is Good :D

11. Ledoux

Ledoux TDPRI Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois, USA
    Khanacademy.org
    Saved my tail a few times. Enjoy school the other 17 weeks of the semester. Happy studying.

12. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted

Jan 18, 2011
    Longmont, CO
    A Dream? A dream? I did that in Ordinary Differential Equations, the first time I took it. Luckily, I got to take it two more times, so I got plenty of class time in.

13. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2012
    Massachusetts - United States
    4 exams this week. 2 on the same day, all 4 of them terribly difficult subjects.

statics monday
    multivariate calculus and thermodynamics Tuesday
    and then material sciences wednesday

oh engineering.....

14. raito

raito Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    Not exactly the class I'd choose to skip if I wanted to pass.

Hang in there twiggymac, there's an old story that at MIT nobody is allowed to pass thermo the first time.

15. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2012
    Massachusetts - United States
    well then thank every deity that i dont go to MIT! and thermo is evil in every college either way.....

16. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2010
    DC
    Last year there was one semester where I was a student at one university and a professor at another. Finals week was rough.

I think this semester finals are next week (for us). Good luck!!!

17. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 19, 2011
    wallingford,ct.
    i never could see the need for Finals(of course,I was a lazy lout,and skipped more classes
    than i attended!) My wife(at that time my girlfriend),used to drag me to class-as soon as sheleft,I would bolt for the game room! In retrospect,I still don't see the need-college is supposed to be about learning and discussing ideas with classmates and the professor. a
    student may know the subject matter intimately,and still do poorly on Finals because he/she
    are unable to regurgitate what the professor wants to hear.JMHO.

18. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

I dont even no why peeple go to kollege anymore...got a probelem?...google it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.