Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Finally got my truck back from the body shop

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Strato50, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    With Harvey coming through it made me have to wait over two months to her fixed...I think they did a nice job.

ftbtx and xafinity like this.

2. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    Looks good, what originally caused the damage?

3. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    A guy backed into it at the paint store...he was buddy actually...lol..just clipped it with his bumper.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Speaking of paint, how did the paint match come out? How much surface area did they paint?

5. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Nice work , Congrats

6. CharlieO

CharlieO Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Looks good. I usually am impressed with the nice work that body shops are able to do. If I had to practice a trade, I think I'd like to do body work.

My experience with the body shop at my local Chevy dealer over the past couple of weeks wasn't quite as good as yours. They had the car for a week to replace the front bumper cover and a headlight after a hit and run in a parking lot. When I went to pick up the car two weeks ago, I checked it over carefully before paying. Here is what I found:

1. A very obvious two inch run in the paint above one turn signal
    2. Poor alignment of the bumper cover with the fenders
    3. The paint on the upper corners of the cover on both sides (where it meets the fenders) was dented, as if it had been still soft when installed and guy damaged it while trying to align the panels.

I walked in to the body shop and politely asked asked for the manager to look at my car before I wrote the check. He followed me out the door, looked at the car for 30 seconds and said, "Well, it looks like I'll have to have your car for another three or four days." I didn't have to show him what was wrong. He saw it right away, and pointed out all of the flaws to me. When I finally got the car back six days later, it was perfect. The color match of the three stage white pearl paint is great. Despite the initial screw-up, I am happy. The manager knew what he had to do, and handled it perfectly. I felt bad that his profit on the job was wiped out, but I guess that happens once in a while.

Paul in Colorado likes this.

7. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Looks Good to me :)

as you were at it didn't they do sunbursts ? you could have thought about a refin ;)

8. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Paint matched up nice...I looked it over for a good 15 mins or so before I went in and talked to them. Its a new hood and fender...the door was fixed and sprayed...it got a new radiator support installed as well...all total 2600 in damages.

CharlieO and boris bubbanov like this.

9. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Glad to see you went ahead and got it fixed, instead of just leaving it as is. After Katrina, I talked a couple friends down here into having their vehicles refreshed, at some shops out of town - just puts a guy's heart and head in the right place IMO. Of course a lot of other people got brand new vehicles, but those folks also blew through all their insurance money before all the flood repair was complete.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.