Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Finally got a Baja

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Lonn, Oct 1, 2017.

1. LiteAsh

LiteAsh Tele-Meister

perfect telecaster

tery likes this.

2. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweden
    Don`t be hasty. I have 14 Teles, one Baja among them. And 11 Strats, i will keep them.

tery likes this.

3. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Holic

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    If it helps your mind be settled, I chose Baja ahead of a 64... and a 52

The 52 came closest

tery likes this.

4. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I've owned a ton of Teles but only MIM Standards and 60s RI models. I've been hearing so many good things about the Baja I was afraid it was being oversold and I may be disappointed. I was not. I don't have a proper amp to play through at the moment, just an old Kustom KAA65 and a Digitech RP100 that I run through the effects in jack. Sounds good enough until I can get another amp. As for the guitar it was ready to play straight out of the box. In tune and intonated, action just right, couldn't have asked for more. Just gotta come to love the color.

El Tele Lobo and tery like this.

5. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Happy new Baja day Lonn ... I'm happy that you got a good one :)

6. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    I shared you opinion on the butterscotch color when I ordered one, but it turned out really pretty nice as it wasn't a real solid color...lots of wood grain was showing through on mine. It really looked pretty good.

Not sure how you will feel about the S1 switch? Mine caused a little noise so I ditched it completely as I really didn't see myself using that funk tone anyway. Upgraded to an electro-socket, compensated saddles, and better pick-guard....haven't been happier with any other guitar.

I didn't get a case nor that really cool looking strap, so you did quite well. Enjoy it, you will be happy.

7. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    This one shows the ash really well also, i just realized this afternoon there was gunk on my iPhone lens so that's why I haven't gotten good pics yet.

8. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    So I had pretty much decided to sell the BSB body and buy another Fender body. Finally removed the pickguard plastic and did a fast mock-up with aluminum tape to see what a silver guard would look like. I already like the BSB better and I’m thinking a cream pearl guard may put me over the edge.

[​IMG]

tery likes this.

9. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC
    Stop messing with the laws of nature and keep the black PG. That is a gorgeous telecaster.

musicalmartin, tery and esetter like this.

10. Bangdapoontwang

Bangdapoontwang TDPRI Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Hawaii
    I went and played one today. I was curious how the neck would feel after playing my Strat so much. I liked it more than I thought I would but in the end I couldn’t pull the trigger and take it home with me because the finish on the neck seemed overly excessive!

11. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Beauty guitar...congrats! I’d go with an off-white ‘guard, myself

12. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I'm still trying to talk myself into keeping the body but I know in my heart I'll either swap it out or return the guitar altogether.

13. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    Congrats ... and sure put a whiteguard on it :)

14. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Bristol UK
    I currently have a white guard on mine, and it's been there for many months. I do not see it going anywhere.
    I tried several ones before I settled on white... tortoise shell and black were the closest competitors, with tortoise shell being surprisingly good looking on it!

15. Danishboy

Danishboy TDPRI Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Denmark

16. Danishboy

Danishboy TDPRI Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Denmark
    Plugged into the new Fender 68 Custom Deluxe.
    Omg what a tone.

17. MaXell

MaXell Tele-Meister

Apr 4, 2012
    Maryland
    BSB is my favorite color for a Tele (and you got a nice one), but the silver guard looks SOOOOO wrong.

18. Pointmonger

Pointmonger Tele-Holic

Aug 29, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    If you like a silver pickguard, go for it, although it does seem like a crime against all that is natural and holy.

19. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    I like BSB a lot, but I have to admit I’m a bit tired of it - seems like there are about 40 tele models with BSB as the default color. I’m supposed to get a vintage blonde CV today - I picked that color both for the color and the pickups, but I reserve the option to put a Baja neck on it if I can’t bond with the skinny CV neck...

But that silver guard, no - I think the animals would start clearing out from that like they do when they sense an earthquake coming...

20. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Put that glorious neck and all the sweet hardware and electronics on the sweet Fender tele body you want - and sell the butterscotch Baja body on CL or eBay to pay for it. Easy and done!

You're happy it's all good. Use a no solder rig like obsidian and even more easy peazy!!! Leave the Baja electronics in the body to bump the price and pay for the solderless rig. You be no mess pickin' in 10 minutes!

Silver pickguard?

Yuk.

No.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.