Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Filter with no "envelope"

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by edipo, Jul 13, 2017.

1. TeleOrLes

TeleOrLes Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Oak Creek, WI
    You may want to go to General Guitar Gadgets & look under Projects & then click on filters/other. There's one or two that you might like. Otherwise, there's a few if you google filters, phase, EQ, or whatever you like. Then click on images to save some time. If you see something that you like, click on the image & it usually takes you to the site with a description or even instructions for the build. When I play bass for recording, I sometimes use a Bronx Cheer box that has a bunch of tones that you may like. :rolleyes:

2. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Apr 10, 2004
    Middle Earth
    A PA crossover will split your signal in two (guitar amp +bass amp) without phase issue or frequency overlapping issues. It should the cleanest sounding and maybe less expensive way to achieve what you're after. The fun part is that you could use different effects on each chains (after the crossover and before the amps), like fuzz on bass and modulation and delay on guitar ;)

3. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2013
    KS
    They are bell I do believe.

Really a VFE Standout or Dragon will do exactly what you want. True they also have a LPF which you don't really need but in a stock production pedal will be about as close as you'll get. Don't let fact that Dragon is a od also dissuade you from it, run its gain low and it's basically a filter, plus you might actually enjoy running some extra od going to your guitar amp. Watch Mike Herman's demo of dragon, you can sweep HPF from 47hz up 2khz, 9v-18v, as clean and open as you want or add touch of drive.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

4. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    The Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter. No longer made. It's an integral part of one of my pedalboards. The filter can be set as a "notch" like you want and also has an envelope configuration.

5. edipo

edipo Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2011
    madrid
    Thanks, Dave. I think the standout is the one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.