Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Film; David Gilmour, Live at Pompeii

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Frank'n'censed, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Dan R, songtalk and 24 track like this.

2. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    very cool I wish i was going as well, I am really jealous!
    let us know how it goes!

spoiler alert: (Sorry) He does not do echos, David Claimed that song was for he and Rick and with Rick gone he would not perform it again
    I have every Pink Floyd , David Gilmour, video and or soundtracked movie they ever did (More, The Vallee, Zabriski Point, etc.) including a behind the scenes tour of Delicate sound of thunder filmed by Nick mason's Drum tech "Bob Hickey" called "Pink Floyd first in space", Including the solo by David for comfortably numb,

3. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas

4. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I was refering to the first time I saw the film

5. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc

6. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    It starts tonight, at 7:30 PST

7. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

I remember renting Live at PompeiI on VHS in high school with my psychedelic rock band/best friends and fantasizing about being musicians playing gigs.

Well....not everyone of my old bandmates is playing gigs now....

But thankfully, here I am, only 30 and playing gigs every couple weeks.

That film may have just been one of the events that hipped me to the divine power of sound.

Frank'n'censed likes this.

8. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I saw pink floyd for the first time when they did the UMMAGUMMA tour, that video was 1/2 of that concert and 1/2 the making of DSOTM tour (called "Eclipse") I have some really fond memories of that whole time period , During the video Dave is playing a wierd Black guitar made for him by Bill lewis of Lewis music in Vancouver.

Frank'n'censed and songtalk like this.

9. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Fantastic!

10. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I went with a buddy of mine & thoroughly enjoyed the event! Gilmour was backed by an excellent band, including keyboard ace, Chuck Leavell. The movie started with rehearsals & Mr. G explaining his mindset for the upcoming performance. Combined with the legendary setting, an audience of about one thousand, (floor), amazing lighting & a huge, circular screen, (I've seen much better graphics), behind the band, the stage was definitely set. DG started with a goldtop LP, p90's & Bigsby, (appearing for this song, only), playing at dusk. He used an older burst Tele, (maple neck), for the next tune & a few later. Most of the show featured his famous black strat, including several songs on a lap steel console & a few on a Gibson acoustic. After the show, we compared notes with a well versed associate of mine, who thought David was great, but wouldn't ever buy the dvd...he felt much of the material was too obvious, why wasn't their more of his solo stuff? Considering the momentous occasion & setting, certain songs had to be inclusive, after all, returning to Pompeii, the ghosts had to be appeased! This was not a typical concert, adding DG's age to the equation. The cinematography must also be commended, (spectacular aerial footage), plus some excellent backing vocals & harmonies!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    24 track likes this.

11. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I cant wait for the DVD!, Thanks for posting!

Frank'n'censed likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.