Fender WHY!!!!!!!!! Ramparte Speaker Change Nightmare.

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by NMore, Apr 19, 2019.

1. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

They're 20 watts supposedly.

I've seen some sold Ramparte and Excelsior speakers on reverb.com, none show up currently (but I'm a different locale than most people on here).

2. NMore

NMore Tele-Meister

Replaced the crap balsa wood like speaker baffle with a nice 7 layer birch plywood this weekend. No weird buzzing of the cabinet anymore, and the sound is full of Bass(which is a complaint of many about this amp the lack of Bass) which it did not have before. I don't believe the speaker is the biggest failure of this amp but the speaker baffle sure is. The MFD cab is actually very deep sounding and nice. Anyway there it is. Very happy with this amp.

3. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

The Pawn shop line was Fender's attempt to make cool-looking budget amps - "Vintage" amps/companies that never existed at accessible pricing. VERY basic electronics and construction - and cheapo speakers. They were not marketed as high-end boutique amps or based on their amazing tone - they were sold based on looks, "cool" factor and price point.

All 3 benefit hugely from speaker and tube upgrades. I bought a used Excelsior and Ramparte, replaced the speakers and tubes, did a few other mods and gave 'em to my (grown) kids for home use amps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.