Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender Website Updated 2013...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by fenderguy72, Jan 3, 2013.

1. fenderguy72

fenderguy72 Tele-Meister

Some new stuff, new look...What is up with the bridges on them Custom Shop teles???

2. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

Mar 24, 2007
    Canada
    CS who cares about CS BS

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Yep, there it is!

[​IMG]

Mike Eldred gave us a sneak peek of that a few months ago.
    [​IMG]

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. fenderguy72

fenderguy72 Tele-Meister

Ohhh I dunno bout that design. I don't think I'll shop the Custom Shop teles this year.

6. Chritty

Chritty Tele-Afflicted

Not looking to be unpopular here but I really like it

7. fenderguy72

fenderguy72 Tele-Meister

Saddles look awkward also. It all looks like a broken down Bigsby bridge. The verdict is still out on this one. Lots of pretty stuff on the site though huh?

8. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Oct 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
  9. jescaster

jescaster TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Well maybe the bridge is for the cover ... Hopefully they won't change nocaster, coz I still want one!!

10. ScottieHotrod

ScottieHotrod Tele-Holic

May 30, 2012
    London
    Controversy aside, it's rather attractive looking.

Would this be a drop in replacement if I wanted to buy one?

11. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I wonder if they'll even be available for sale as parts. Oh wait--STRATosphere.... :lol:

12. Telepi

Telepi Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2009
    Missouri
    Think I'll put my extra black bakelite pickguard on my sunburst Baja.

Thought the parchment looked good, until I saw this.

13. neocaster

neocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2006
    Chester County, PA
    So it's not just black, it's EXTRA black? How much more black could it be? The answer is "none." None more black...

CS is out of my reach, but I do like it. It's new, and it's a throwback to something very old. Fender walks a thin line between a cult following of vintage instruments and a lot of criticism that they don't innovate enough. I think they have something good here.

14. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2012
    Toronto
    S'ok...you were already unpopular ;-)

Three cheers for a new colour: Extra Black!

I like the bridge look. It's the old ashtray cover thing, isn't it?

And while those saddles look like they might be awkward in terms of intonation issues, I'm sure the CS thought this through.

Bridge pup looks staggered, which is cool.

So...stop being skeered of new things. Embrace!

15. Telepi

Telepi Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2009
    Missouri
    I'm always missing the extra details, like "extra black".

I'm more of a "close enough for me"
    kind of guy. CS's are cool. I would love one too. My Baja and 52 RI are close enough.

16. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Upside down astray = uhg

17. mehummala90

mehummala90 TDPRI Member

I think the bridge is pretty darn good-lookin`. It`s got kind of a classy, modern/vintage look. I dunno...haha! But I approve. Not that it makes a difference to me, unless I`m handed a couple grande randomly to get a CS Tele, I`m content working with my Mexican Tele.

18. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    It's my opinion, that Fender has an ongoing flaw with their bridge plate design.

The bridge plate screws, always seem to be too close to the saddle legs. It's not uncommon to find the Bass E or A' saddle, sitting right on top of the screw heads. Some players prefer their actions a little on the high side, and in that case, the saddle has to be moved further to the rear of the base plate so that it can be intonated properly.

The base plate mounting screws, should be at the very end of the base plate where the lip is.. just behind where the strings come up thru the base plate. Even if the base plate had to be constructed a little longer, it should be done to allow this to happen. I have seen import models that do this and it seems to me, to be a far better design... completely out of the way of the Saddle adjustment legs.

I have to wonder, how many players for-go proper intonation with those saddles, just so they don't have to sit on top of the screw head ??

19. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Ha, " E X T R A black" that's like more Cowbell.

the UDA might grow on me.

20. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    +1

21. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    Maybe he has an extra pickguard and it is black.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.