Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender Vibrolux Reverb "Intereference" Noise

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by thinlinetele22, Feb 28, 2013.

1. thinlinetele22

thinlinetele22 TDPRI Member

May 20, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hey All,

My Vibrolux has been making this noise. It starts out being the standard hum of the amp when its engaged, but starts getting crackily and the hum gets louder and louder until it culminates with a loud popping noise and the hum temporarily subsides to normal levels and then it starts all over again. The sound is similar to when one of your blackberry or iphone friends gets a text message around the amp, but its louder and like I said culminate with the loud pop.

The tubes are around a year old to my knowledge and I play it all the time.

I have tried plugging it into different outlets and surge protectors to no avail.

It makes the noise with or with a guitar plugged in.

I have searched the forum and haven't seen something that hit this right on the head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    :p

2. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland

If you play on a daily basis...1yr seems to be the end of the road for many tubes in my experience...they work hard ;)

3. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    What year make is the amp?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.