Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender Telecaster pickups set 15 & 9k?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by musclebuilder, Jun 6, 2013.

1. musclebuilder

musclebuilder TDPRI Member

Sep 12, 2008
    new jersey
    Do any of you know of any tele pickups that match the appearance and readings of this tele set? I purchased them as unknowns and I am not having much luck thus far tracking down any tele pickups like these. I have not tried them yet to see how they sound. Appreciate any info/insight you guys can give me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. YoGeorge

YoGeorge Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2003
    Michigan
    Duncan Hot Tele maybe? Duncan usually puts a little white sticker on the bottom side but those come off easily.

Actually, the Duncan hot tele bridge would have white and black wires and I think omits the bottom plate, so maybe not.... But the specs on the hot teles are 15.6 and 9.7k respectively so the resistance is close.

Currently, Duncan also puts their name on the top of the bridge pickup bobbin, but they did not do this before maybe 2002 or something...

Good luck,
    George

3. musclebuilder

musclebuilder TDPRI Member

Sep 12, 2008
    new jersey
    Hey thanks for your time George, I appreciate it. I can't rule it out but I am very familiar with SD's and I just don't think it is duncans. I could always post over on their forum and if it duncans they will claim them as theirs. I have never come across a set like this? They look quality but they are a mystery.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.