Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender Supersonic

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by brucefan12, May 28, 2011.

1. Hey All,

I just sold my Hot Rod Deluxe! Finally! I was not a fan of it and wasn't giving me what I wanted. I have been intrigued lately by Fender's Supersonic line. Seems to be a great concept in delivering classic Fender tones from the Deluxe/Twin Reverb spectrum and the Bassman spectrum. Also, with the Burn channel, the ability to deliver some higher gain Marshall type British sounds. Also, I believe it had the Master Volume and the Effects Loop. I played through the Head and Cab configuration and was surprised at how nice the amp sounded.

Wanted to get everyone' s thoughts on this amp line! Especially advice from anyone that might own one of these interesting amps!

Thanks

James

2. mefgames

mefgames Tele-Afflicted

Oct 31, 2010
    North Bay, Ca
    I thought about buying one as well. I was leaning toward the head because of weight/portability. It turns out the head does not have reverb. Other than that, they are identical. I'm also a bit leery of the newer Fender products. I read somewhere the reissue amps are not true copies of the amps they were built to be like, but are "as close for the money" as possible. So why call it a ReIssue ?
    I'll stick with the vintage stuff.

Mike

3. DOGMA Dunn

DOGMA Dunn Friend of Leo's

Mar 2, 2011
    Reno
    I tried one a few years back, and it's tone and sound was very impressive. A great amp for stage performance, not so much for home use. I think it's sweet spot is at moderate to loud volumes.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. fuzzworks

fuzzworks Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    There was one on local cl here yesterday for crazy cheap. Just went back to check on it and it's gone (of course).

Never played one in person, but it's one of my favorites to play around with in Amplitube Fender.

There's a demo version of Amplitube Fender. Of course it isn't the same as actually playing an amp, but it's a decent way to compare the various Fender models if you don't otherwise have access to them.

6. fuzzworks

fuzzworks Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    They are reissues in that they are built using the same circuits but modern manufacturing processes, which means PCB boards. Fender DOES make identical copies of the older stuff if you want to spend the money, but most people don't. They use the term "reissue" to differentiate the new product from the original. The term "reissue" comes from the music publishing world and has never meant "a perfect replica" but rather an album that has been re-released and often *changed* for some reason, such as when a new format (like CD) comes out or an offensive track is removed.

Names are chosen by marketing types, anyway. Who cares? Are the amps good or not?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.