Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender passport mini

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by miztas, May 6, 2017.

1. miztas

miztas TDPRI Member

May 6, 2017
    UK
    Has anyone tried one of these? It seems you can use fender fuse presets on this amp, is there any hope of getting decent tones from such a small low watt amp or should I save up for a Mustang GT or similar? Will be for home use only.

2. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It's a PA, not a guitar amp. Which is fine, if you run the right pedals in front of it. But I doubt you'll be happy with a 6.5" speaker.

And at $149, there are definitely better options out there.

Finally, remember that you're paying for self-powered portability here, which you don't need in a home amp anyway.

Run from this one.

3. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    For that much $$$ you can buy a used Bandit, Champion 40 or Mustang II

4. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    Since the Passport is a guitar amp and PA, it should be fine. They also made the Mustang Mini that is very similar to the Passport, but it's only for guitar. If you don't need the vocal channel or need to operate it on batteries, the bigger Mustangs or Champions mentioned above would sound better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.