Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender Parallel Universe series leaked

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Serenity23, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2007
    MV, CA
    Yeah, me too. That one says, "Come play me". Kind of like the sophisticated hot girl with librarian glasses.

Pixies2005 and Crobbins like this.

2. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Meister

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    "I got it, I got it... we'll put telecaster hardware on a stratocaster body!" Mind blown. Who could possibly come up with such an imaginative idea?
    If the show South Park made an episode showing Fender's design team sittig around the tabe coming up with these ideas. It would probably be pretty accurate to reality.

SonsOfMoog and Steve Holt like this.

3. LowThudd

LowThudd Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    I like these a lot. Whenever a thread comes up here about what Fender should do differently, many of us here respond that the Pawn Shop Series was great, and more should be done.

Here is Fender doing more of that. Not really sure why there is so much negativity. Not your cup of tea? More traditionalist? There are still those options. Unless fender really does away with the AVRI. That would be worthy of complaint.

But that really has nothing to do with this.

Lupo, Crobbins, RomanS and 5 others like this.

4. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Holic

Oct 29, 2008
    Dixie
    How could I possibly be provoked to worry about these?
    What I cannot give is flying. And it's not a V.
    Official Comment: ...."whatever"...

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

We understand they all retail around £1599 each and that they are all being listed on dealer sites as Limited Edition models for 2018, so a little bit like the Chinese-made Pawn Broker Series from a few years ago, just around a £1000 more expensive.
    Curious -- the Fender Pawn Shop Series was called the Pawn Broker Series in the UK?

6. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2017
    Texas

What do we call that? a stratatele?

7. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    I ain’t complaining. The tele ones look rad!

8. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I like the Troublemaker, Jazz Tele, and the Strat Tele hybrid. Some of y'all gotta open your minds and stop being so crustybrain.

My guess is none of these will be made in lefty :(

9. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    I liked several of them. The Jag/Strat, Gretcsh/Tele Thinline( which would be great with the Jag Trem) and the Tele with P90s and Jag Trem are great ideas to me.

10. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Here's the problem.

Fender never makes anything new. Always the same old stuff. Hate it. Well, they make new things, but I hate that stuff. They should stick to the classics! Not only that, but they have the gall to make things that sort of resemble things from obscure, nobody companies that have been borrowing concepts from Fender. On top of that, then they go and offer all their standard stuff too. Pathetic. See the problem here? Basically, I hate new stuff, old stuff, the same stuff, and different stuff. There has to be something else.

11. mimmo

mimmo Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Why Fender, why?
    Gimme bavk the AV series and you can keep these...well, guitars.

12. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    You could have made any of these from Warmoth parts like 10 years ago, plus the Jazzcaster etc.
    In Baritone or 24.75 scales too, and with any bridge you wanted. Once you start mixing and matching, why buy Fender?

Snfoilhat likes this.

13. LowThudd

LowThudd Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Some people just don't want ANYTHING from Fender it seems. lol

14. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    WOW, Fender guitars that look and sound like other fender guitars, Now if only the QC...........( to be continued!)

15. tealsixtysix

tealsixtysix Tele-Meister

Sep 6, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    Not me. They look just like the Shawbuckers with the WRHB-type covers that are in the Am Pro Tele Deluxe.

Danjabellza likes this.

16. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I'll pass, and see what surprises they have for us next year.

17. JDB2

JDB2 TDPRI Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Some of the Tele models look inspired by various forms of the G&L ASAT. And as to pickups, "WFR" reminds me of G&L's "MFR".

Could it be that the spirit of Leo is coming full circle?

18. David Barnett

David Barnett Poster Extraordinaire

This one needs to be Antigua.

Did Henry Juszkiewicz buy Fender while we weren't looking?

Lobomov and tealsixtysix like this.

19. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    There was a really cool keyboard phone app out a few years back called 8pen. It asked the question, what would a keyboard look like on a phone if a smart phone had come before typewriters and computers. It is rather silly that we have the full Qwerty keyboard crammed onto our phones when you think about it, and you sit there and tap all the letters. It was a really awful keyboard in my opinion but I absolutely loved the concept. What if?

So I like Fender's parallel universe concept, but I also think they failed. They made a bunch of partcasters with different guitars they already make crammed together. Some of them are really cool, and I'd love to have them, but probably wouldn't shell out the money for them. But I'm trying to think what guitars would look like in a parallel universe, and this isn't doing it for me. I think the beauty in Fender guitars is that the parts, hardware, pickguards, etc. look so good on each guitar they were designed for. The metal plates on a Jag look great on an offset body because they were designed for it. You take the strat body and throw on those offset designed plates here and there and it just isn't the same. But retooling and fabricating new metal parts to make the jaguar look contour to a strat would probably cost too much money. So I guess to end my rambling they should've just gone with Fender Warmoth pawn shop series Round 2.

If anyone is interested here is a picture of that 8pen keyboard. It's cool but hard to use. See if you can figure out how it works!

8pen1.jpg

20. beninma

beninma Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I get the frustration, even though I think some of these look cool. If you like the Tele body but don't like the Strat body but wanted a Strat maybe one of these is for you or vise versa?

Actual innovation might be doing something like a wildly different new body, with something really different like 3 of the Fishman Fluence pickups (go talk to Fishman and get a new 3-pickup setup that was exclusively customized for Fender) put a new Headstock design on it. Or put a brand new tremolo system on it. Do all of that stuff so it's a totally new thing that breaks with all of the old models.

Who knows, maybe everyone would hate that too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.