Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender neck on Michael Kelly fit?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by kevdog, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kevdog

kevdog TDPRI Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Just recently noticed the Michael Kelly 1950's telecaster models and they look really nice. Does anyone know if a Fender or Warmoth neck will fit on one of their bodies?

2. Drewsome007

Drewsome007 Tele-Meister

Jun 13, 2012
    Maine
    Probably not those are just cheap Chinese knock offs but you would have to get the specs to know for sure.

3. mRtINY

mRtINY Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2015
    Orygun
    MK is having them made in China? Interesting.... The Korean LPs are quite good (though the neck is different from Gibson).

-tINY

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. kevdog

kevdog TDPRI Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Boston, MA
  6. Drewsome007

Drewsome007 Tele-Meister

Jun 13, 2012
    Maine
  7. chazguitar

chazguitar NEW MEMBER!

Just found this and thought I should chime in. Most all of the Michael Kelly Tele style electrics are made in the same Korean factory that they've been with since 1999 and is where Schecter, ESP, and PRS SE models are also made. The only exceptions are the lower end 1953 and 1954 models. All the other 50's (Tele) models are made in Korea and are great quality instruments.

https://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/en/electric-guitars/1950s

8. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I'll throw in a vague $.02 here. I purchased a PureSalem WoodSoul recently which I know is made in Korea. Hell they could even be made in the same factory as the MKs. Anyway, I was able to swap out the neck on it with my 04 MIM strat neck with no issue at all. I was totally shocked, but there was absolutely nothing else needed to be done. I call it the Frankensoul:

[​IMG]

Eventually I want to get another neck for it and put the existing neck back on my strat body. But until then, it plays and sounds phenomenal! It's got sustain for days.

john kleeman likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.