Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender Mustang GT Series Amps

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by pondcaster, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    I know about the footswitch , thanks.
    For the mustang v2 I've made my own switch. Just a simpel on/of switch , 2 meter electrical wire and a 6,5mm jack. That's all and it works.

The gt40 doesn't have a effects loop , just like the v2.
    Thats also an issue. To solve that I could buy the gt100 but in that case I'm also paying for a bigger peace of wood with a bigger driver. I don't need that because I already got several big Amplifiers.
    I will only use it like a stomp box.

Question: is it possible in the gt40 to use a stomp box more than ones in a preset?

Cliffyg62 likes this.

2. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    I think so. If need to confirm. Will try tonight.

Lambieka likes this.

3. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    More than one stomp in a preset? If thats what you mean, yes. I think overall you can have something like 6 effects at once. All effects count tho. For example, if you have 5 stomps in use and one modulation like chorus for example, you can't add any more stomps. If you delete the chorus you will then be able to add a 6th stomp stomp. So in short, you have 4 effects categories, stomp, modulation, delay and reverb. You can use 6 of any combination of effects in any or all categories. However, when i tested it i just used random things and it may be that it depends on the processing power that the effects you chose require. Fore example, maybe if you have 6 and the processing power of them is small, you might be able to add a 7th. Or visa versa....if theres a lot pf processing required in the ones u choose it could be it won't even allow 6. Thats just a thought tho, i haven't tested that. I can't imagine anyone wanting that many effects at once tho, If you do need more you're probably better of becoming a keyboard player !

Lambieka likes this.

4. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    Thnx!
    Interesting concept
    I will definitly stack 6 delays when I've bought the amp
    Just for testing the processor
    Maybe I'll find the tone Of tones. Just curious and having fun.
    Bandmembers will be
    "flubbergasted" during rehearsel ( :)

5. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    Rereading your text and I found out I made a mistake

4 categories but I suppose it will not be possible to use 6 stomps from 1 categorie
    Is there a limit per categorie would be my next question
    Could go on for hours
    asking questions ,
    i'll find out soon enough

Cliffyg62 likes this.

6. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    I know you can have three stompboxes. I also set up two reverbs once as I was testing which I liked better. It was plate...
    And at one point I had five items loaded but was only using one stomp, one mod, one rev...
    I've been exploring amps and guitar matches and testing different cab Sims on each. Btw don't feel locked into what should work. It's probably my lack of experience and playing at really really l low volume but I like the smaller cabs.
    Different guitars/ pickups really make a difference to. Experiment. And never assume that what's supposed to go together does. I think that's where some get lost. It's two small speakers emulating. I like what Yamaha says about the THR100s, don't emulate, create. We can make whatever we want out of these tools. Me, I say, play and have fun. Oh and if you stumble on something just add it to the two hundred slots...

Lambieka likes this.

7. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    I said above in so many words that you can have 6 effects at once from any categories in any combination. So yes, you can have 6 stomps. Why anyone would want to is beyond me but if thats your thing you can do it.

8. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    Just exploring the edges.
    I'm in a learning curve. Made a lot of sound in the 80's with synthezisers and for now i approge(?) the gitar somehow the same way
    The mustang 2 i've gives me that possibility and the gt40 has a lot of the same usabilties and more.

You've giving a lot of usefull information last year on this forum ( thnx by the way)
    The hardware of the gt40 is the same quality as the 2v2 witch is poor , the electrical circuitboard is tin as paper

But hey , its relative cheap priced , cost less then a nice real stompbox
    and the bandmembers will get a good "haircut" ones in a while

Cliffyg62 likes this.

9. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Actually the circuit boards are better then was typical of fender's solid state amps of the last couple decades. I worked on 100's of them in my last job over the course of about 20 years and i can tell you the mustangs, both the new Gt and the V1/2 are built better then pretty much every Solid state fender amp made since i started that job in the late 90's.

Jim Dep and Cliffyg62 like this.

10. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    Ok
    Didn't know that
    I've got a solid state mono power amp ( D&R ) from 1975 and circuit board is realy massive in comparison with the 2v2 i've got.
    Cleaned the pots and its works perfectly

11. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Well, yeah ! First of all, back then they used quality boards in most everything, nothing like today unless it's high end gear. This is a very different world today as manufacturing quality goes. Second, power amps are always built much more heavy duty due to the heat generated for one thing. But back then even cheap low voltage stuff like pedals often had high quality fiberglass boards. Look at an old MXR pedal. The boards are as good quality as it gets. Generally they don't make stuff like that today unless it's high $.

Lambieka likes this.

12. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    I'm happy with the software nowadays
    Back in time I couldn't afford buying pedals
    The modeling thing and "that pedal show " on youtube has theached me more than the last 40+ years

Good to make music

Cliffyg62 likes this.

13. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    We need a spot for all us older folks who aren't pros but home hobyists who can now get back into music because of all of these affordable but very usable low volume devices... Love these things. Just picked up a used orange crush 12. Nice. And with the headphones connection I can simulate a 4x12 cheap...
    That Pedal Show is a master's seminar for us. We couldn't afford or would have the volume allowances to learn all that over the last twenty or thirty years. Amazing and fun!

14. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    The modeling amp reacts quit the same they tell at TPS ,which is fun
    and stimulates to go on
    There is so much to learn and the GT40 will make me stepp further on the journey

Cliffyg62 likes this.

15. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    No doubt !:eek::):cool:

Lambieka likes this.

16. dswo

dswo Tele-Meister

May 1, 2016
    East Carolina
    Much fun to be had with the Orange model and a Strat: my favorite tone for "Cocaine" so far, and it responds well to backing off the guitar volume.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017

17. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    The proper grammar is taught, not teached.

Lambieka likes this.

18. Lambieka

Lambieka TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Europa
    You just taught me something ;-)

19. gwmican

gwmican TDPRI Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Victoria, Tx
    This happened on mine from the first time I used it. It was doing the same thing with the volume jump. I returned it. I may look into another when someone can confirm this was fixed in a update. I don’t see many users that have complained of this so I don’t know why one amp does it and another doesn’t. It was virtually unplayable though just for that one reason. If it wouldn’t have done that I would have kept it because I really liked the way it sounds.

20. gwmican

gwmican TDPRI Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Victoria, Tx
    No I didn’t so I returned it. If someone can confirm this was fixed I would definitely buy this amp again....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.