Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender Mustang GT Series Amps

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by pondcaster, Apr 10, 2017.

1. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    The new amps in Fender's Mustang line are out!

Well, you can pre order from Amazon... For now.

GC doesn't know when they'll have them to sell. I'm looking forward to seeing the new features.

At those prices, I'll wait until the "early adopters" start reviewing here and elsewhere. Still loving my M3v1 but it is tempting!

Well, who's pre ordering? Who's played one yet?

Jimbo015 likes this.

2. mbell75

mbell75 Tele-Meister

Mar 21, 2014
    california
    The old GTs were absolute garbage. Hope these are better

pondcaster likes this.

3. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fender "Tone" App? This doesn't work w/ FUSE?? o_O

CFFF and pondcaster like this.

4. pondcaster

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Wow, shows what I don't know! I didn't know they were recycling that name?

Tone app? I got it but never used it so it's been 86'd.

I'm hoping for an "updated" interface all the way around for Fuse. Great for a while ago but now it seems clunky & honestly, mine has been buggy as heck. I normally just do my tweaking from the amp itself.

Archtop Bill likes this.

5. assessor

assessor TDPRI Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Sweden
    Hello. First post!

Seems like Amazon killed that linked.
    Maybe it's leaked info?

Found this info on another place and copied it before it vanished:
    (I hope it's ok to post this. If not. Mods Please delete it!)

How can a modern legend like the Mustang digital amplifiers be improved? Simple - Fender have made it even bigger and better with the Mustang GT-100. The GT amps have ben upgraded with even better effects and amp modelling technology. And on top of that, it has never been easier to control theese features - with the mustang GT you can control it by Bluetooth and the exclusive Fender Tone app. This is the wordls first WIFI-eqquipped amplifier, making it easy for you to download the latest updates, access Fender artist-created presets, and connect directly with a community of other creative players and music makers like yourself

Packed with 21 classic amp models—everything from the renowned '59 Bassman to modern metal —and 47 different effects, the Mustang GT-100 can easily recreate classic tones or create brand-new, never-before-heard sounds. We developed new algorithms with even higher fidelity and more realistic response, along with more signal path flexibility so you can move effects anywhere in the signal chain for creative exploration. Program your sounds in the studio on the Mustang GT-100's large, full-color LCD display and then, with one hand, take them to the stage and deliver the most realistic listening experience possible for any audience, short of inviting them into the control room. You can even stream audio from your mobile device via bluetooth Wireless.

Fender has invented inspiring tone, and the updated amp models let your instrument's voice and the dynamic nuances of your playing come through, reacting just like the originals to your every move. Lighten your attack to "clean up" your sound or dig in to make it grunt or howl—the Mustang GT-100 and its 12" Celestion Special Design speaker enhances every part of the performance. The GT-100 also features a special plywood cabinet designed for tone as well as its surprisingly light weight.

Adding convenient control to the Mustang GT-100's power is the easy-to-use Fender Tone app. Not only can you control the amp in real time with one finger, just like the originals, you can easily upgrade the amp's capabilities, adding more power and presets without patching a single cable or plugging in a soldering iron. And, you can connect easily to the Fender Digital ecosystem for learning and sharing.

One amp for every stage, the Mustang GT-100 is easy for any player but powerful enough to go around the world.

Specifications:

Series: Mustang
    Amplifier Type: Digital
    Dimensions: 445 x 521 x 254 mm.
    Weight: 22 lbs. (9.97 kg)
    Speaker: One - 12" Custom Celestion
    Inputs: One - 1/4"
    Channels: One
    Controls: Gain, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Master, Encoder, Three Layer Buttons, FX Button, Save Button, Menu Button, Tap Button
    Effects: 21 amp models, 47 effects
    Wattage: 100 Watts
    Cabinet Material: 5-Ply 5/8" Lightweight Plywood
    Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
    Grille Cloth: Black
    Handle: Soft-touch Flip Handle
    Knobs: Black Plastic
    Other Features: USB Recording Output, 3.5mm AUX input, 3.5mm Headphone Output, Stereo XLR Line Outputs, Stereo Effects Loop, Digital Chromatic Tuner, Bluetooth Audio Streaming, Easy WIFI firmware, and feature updates.

6. pondcaster

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Thank you assessor and welcome aboard!

Yep link and "temporarily out of stock" pages gone, too.

After thinking about it for about 15 minutes when I first posted my "I'll wait til the early adopters" crap, I pre-ordered a 100.

Feels good.

7. pondcaster

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

22lbs??? The Mustang III was 36lbs. Is this MDF versus plywood?

pondcaster likes this.

9. eichaan

eichaan Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Before the link disappeared the 100 watter (Mustang III equivalent) said 31 lbs. Interestingly it only had one footswitch jack, which makes me think that they will not be compatible with the Mustang III series footswitches. That would be a dealbreaker for me, as I wouldn't want to pay extra (again) for the functionality.

pondcaster likes this.

10. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Vancouver, BC
    Hmm, no compatibility with the 4-button FS and the expression pedal is a concern for me. I was thinking of selling my MIIIv2 but keeping the FS and EP...

absurdocaster and pondcaster like this.

11. JCW1024

JCW1024 Tele-Meister

Oct 12, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    pondcaster likes this.

12. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Vancouver, BC
    pondcaster likes this.

13. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    No MIDI implementation either, which is a big reason why my III V2 doesn't get much use.

pondcaster likes this.

14. pondcaster

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Yeah, that could be an issue for some folks. Although I have a 4b switch, it's in gear box. I never use it.

If all goes well with the gt100 when it arrives, a bandmate offered me $100 for my ol' v1 so I'll most likely pass it along. Makes the new price a little easier to rationalize...

15. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Thats what i'm thinking because before they took the pics down i was looking at the rear view of the 2x12 model and it looked like ply. I downloaded the pic and lightened it and upped the contrast and compared it to the inside of my MIII and it looked even more likely. That would be great.

pondcaster likes this.

16. pondcaster

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    So according to knowledgeable info posted on another tdpri thread, sounds like the foot switch/pedal compatibility looks promising.

From what little there is to read, also sounds as though the limitations of the old Mustangs' way of handling and sequencing pedals/fx may have been "upgraded."

Still seems weird to me that Fender allowed companies to post info and ordering and then POOF ... gone.

17. assessor

assessor TDPRI Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Sweden
    One of the bigger stores here in Sweden advertise the new Mustangs now. They are said to be available in the beginning of may.

pondcaster likes this.

18. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Awesome. I assume this mean everywhere else too, in which case beginning of May and i will have one on GC's 45 day return policy. No risk. I'm very hopeful tho that i won't be returning it. I want a bit more, but if the only advantage is a very notable improvement in what fender is calling "fidelity" and the bassman is the same as in the V2 aside from that improvement in tone, i'll be keeping it. It will be interesting to see what the did with the effects tho and also what the extra few amp models are.

pondcaster likes this.

19. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Tele-Afflicted

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Hmmmm....Fender.com has only the Mustang I on its website.

pondcaster likes this.

20. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Do you think they could have made the display a little smaller? One has to assume you will need your smartphone or tablet to actually see the information.

pondcaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.