Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender Marketing....

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by olie, Aug 5, 2016.

1. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2016
    S.F. East Bay
    a GUITAR/AMP TECH TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY THE THE MADE IN CHINA guitars are great comparing in quality to mim fenders

2. kEVBIGMAN

kEVBIGMAN TDPRI Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Toronto, Ontario
    Although the modern player guitars are made in China, I was under the impression they are quality instruments for that price point.

3. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    They are, and not just for the price point. The electrics could be better but the general construction, finish and playability are excellent by any standards.

4. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm a fine with the Squire guitars I have. I thought they were both made in China, but one's made in India. And, it's a terrific Tele. Doesn't matter to me where it's made. What does irk me, is crappy nickel plating that corrodes after a few months, or pickups that crap-out, that kind of stuff. I probably have more Mex Fenders than most folks, because I like the quality of the higher-end models. The woodwork is good, the components good and pickups generally OK, but easily upgraded. I do have some MIA stuff and they're great, but we need to get used to foreign made goods. It's part of globalization and free trade. It gives us more choices at more price points. And, I can't see anything wrong with that, at all.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I've written lots of glowing things about certain products from some countries and then lamented that I wouldn't be able to buy them, and mentioned to people who live in countries other than mine that they're not bound by the concerns that apply to me.

You haven't bothered to say which countries I've been down on. I think you owe it to the reader to say which ones, yes and which ones, no. If you think I've foresworn ALL overseas guitars then you really have not done your homework and should be ashamed.

But the argument I just made actually doesn't have anything to do with those previous arguments. This is a new theme, which is, would you rather buy Lederhosen in Deutschland or from someplace else? If you want an official Texas Cowboy Hat, would you want one made in Australia?

I'm trying to get you to appreciate that part of the joy and mystique of the ownership of the item is that it be made by the people who actually used the product in their day to day activities. Because authenticity can be a powerful source of inspiration. I want my Irish Whisky to be made in Ireland. And if I can ever be cajoled into wearing a tartan kilt I want the blessed thing to be made in Scotland. Otherwise what is the point?

The heart doesn't care about judgment. Sometimes the fool uses his head when it isn't the correct organ at all. I hope I haven't offended you as much as you have offended me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.