Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender HMT paint

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Refinman, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Refinman

Refinman TDPRI Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Locust Grove, GA
    Hi,

I just received a fender HMT. It is in really bad shape, but it does have all the original parts. It will be my next project. Does anyone know the type of paint that was used on this guitar? I know that is not nitro. Any help would be appreciated. There were not many of these produced.

2. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2014
    Arivaca AZ
    If your talking about the semi hollow one MIJ with the 25.4 (Martin) scale neck and locking trem (Like we have here) The one we have appears to be polyurethane.

3. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    It will be some form of very permanent finish that will resist every stripper known to man (even Hooters chicks :confused:)

You may be able to get it off with a heat gun but the odds are the wood underneath is multiple pieces and/or not very attractive.

Roughen it up and spray probably any finish over it.

4. Refinman

Refinman TDPRI Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Locust Grove, GA

5. Refinman

Refinman TDPRI Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Locust Grove, GA
    207.JPG 208.JPG 209.JPG 210.JPG 213.JPG
    Here are the images. This is after I removed the cracked binding, and took out the electronics.

backporchmusic likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.