Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender Excelsior Pro

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by TeleBrew, Jun 9, 2013.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    Maybe that one store just wanted to move the last one or two out, but the pro model is still $399 here, and online. I'm glad he got it at half price!

2. Gearhead88

Gearhead88 Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2012
    Alberta
    There's still a few around here in stores , I have not noticed any discounted ones and very few used ones. 300 for the brown version , 400 for the pro.

3. chandler51

chandler51 TDPRI Member

Nov 3, 2008
    ATL
    The Atlanta GC has the Pro's marked at $199. They said it was in store only. At that price I had to bring one home.

4. Tele-toter

Tele-toter TDPRI Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Greensboro
    Wow what a score good for you! I wish I could find one for that $ locally in NC... I am so torn between the EXC Pro and the new Vaporizer...there isnt many quality demo's on the Vape yet..

5. That is a sweet deal on the Excelsior Pro. I just got one in Sonic Blue, but not at that fantastic price. Still a fun amp, though.

6. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2013
    United States
    Those of you who own an Antique Blush color Excelsior, or saw one in a store, how "blush" is it? The model on GC.com looks pink,but some pics on the internet look really light brown. It's hard to tell.

7. jmfields

jmfields TDPRI Member

May 29, 2013
    Woodbury, NJ

8. It's definitely got a pinkish hue. Sort of a beige and rose mix. The shop I bought my Sonic Blue Excelsior Pro had one of each. Supposedly, Fender has only released 800 of each for North America, so I suspect we'll be seeing less of them as the Vaporizers and Rampartes hit the stores.

9. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2013
    United States
    Thanks, not sure about this blush. I heard about the 800 units too.
    How do you like yours? How long have you had it? I heard the stock tubes rattle after several hours use.

10. I had rattle issues with my regular brown Excelsior that became quite noticeable within a couple of days of playing it and the issue went beyond the tubes, but so far no issues with my Excelsior Pro. I've had it for a little over a week now, still with the stock tubes. I love it. It has a unique tone and charm that sets it apart from other amps. The Excelsior Pro sounds much better than the regular Excelsior. The speaker upgrade you get with the Pro model is definitley worth it, unless you plan on swapping out the stock speaker on the regular model yourself.

11. smokeygills

smokeygills Tele-Meister

Sep 16, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Blush is more brown but it is my new favorite amp for sure :)

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.