Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender Duo Sonic H/S anyone?.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by TeleAndSG, May 11, 2017.

1. TeleAndSG

TeleAndSG Tele-Holic

Mar 9, 2017
    The Peach State
    I've been watching this guitar on the net for a while. I love the surf green color. I might want a guitar with a Humbucker in the bridge. Anyone here has played one?. How would you characterize its sound?.

2. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Check out the Squier 51 thread. It has the angled neck and split humbucker plus controls of the DS. It's a long thread with a lot of mods, many are fantastically cool. You could get ideas for the DS when you get one.

Being able to split the bridge is a great option.

3. TeleAndSG

TeleAndSG Tele-Holic

Mar 9, 2017
    The Peach State
    Thanks. Where can I find this thread?. In other guitars or in Squier Teles?.

4. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Only difference is scale length right?

5. toomuch

toomuch TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Chicago
    Not sure if you've already sprung for one yet, but it's a fantastic guitar. I've mentioned it on another thread, but the stock pickups, especially the HB, are excellent; not sure how to characterize it, but its very crystal-clear yet has a nice warmth at the same time. The neck is an alnico 5 and very fine as well...very strat-like. Neck/build/feel/etc all ace. May decide to do a finer-tuned setup & upgrade some electronics at some point but no reason to right now. I say go try one out locally if you have the means!

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    dotnetbrett likes this.

6. dotnetbrett

dotnetbrett TDPRI Member

May 1, 2017
    Columbia, MD
    IM glad someone talked about the sound of the Duo-Sonic HS as I don't want to get all involved modding a Squier again this quarter, lol. You still liken it? If so, have you done any Mods to it yet?

7. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    I've been johnsing after the same guitar. Waiting for MF to have a blemished one. It would be fun to have a 24 inch scale guitar.

8. toomuch

toomuch TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Chicago
    No mods yet, only some Schaller strap locks and strung some 11s on; which I personally prefer on the 24” scale now. Eventually I’ll get around to upgrading some electronics and maybe the neck pickup but honestly there’s no real urgency until I’m gigging more regularly. Overall I’m still really digging it. It sustains & sounds fantastic unplugged which obviously translates well through an amp. It’s light but has some good solid/sturdy heft to it at the same time. Feels quality in hand...recommended!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.