Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fender compensated saddles did it!

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by RadioFM74, Sep 25, 2017.

1. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    Just slapped Fender compensated saddles on my tele. About 36€. Another successful cheap mod (the other being: new bone nut to get proper string alignment and play on lower positions… 30€ cut and installed on the spot).

Got to intonate as close to perfect as it ever will matter to me (and it matters, since I play jazz chords up the fretboard with her). My preference for vintage-style bridges is now firm and without reservations.

So for those of you wondering if it works. It does ;) And I even think it looks good!

IMG_3952.jpg

oldfish likes this.

2. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    Nice! Yup, looks good. I need to do the same. Did you have Radius Gauge to set the saddle height?

3. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    I have the full set and it helped in doing the last check. Frankly, though, if you measure action for each string you can’t go wrong. Definitely not must have – a nice ruler is enough.

4. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. I'll order myself a set of these.

RadioFM74 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.