Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender case latches

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by tosh, Sep 16, 2006.

1. tosh

tosh Tele-Meister

Where is a good place to obtain replacement latches/locks for vintage fender cases?Any ideas?

2. El Capitan

El Capitan Tele-Holic

I wanna know too! I've got 3 cases with the spring latches broken...

3. Cam

Cam Tele-Afflicted

not sure, but check this out

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CHENEY-LATCH-SET...7QQihZ001QQcategoryZ41403QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also if rivets are an issue, consider using small T nuts and bolts to attach the latches instead of rivets. I've tried this on handles successfully.
    Another thing might be to second hand buy some old trashed suitcases or brief cases that might still have sufferable latches on them, drill and pop them off and install on your axe case.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. skydawg

skydawg Removed

6. Tedecaster

Tedecaster Tele-Afflicted

I posted this awhile ago and the best bet looks like G & G Quality Case in Calif. I sent them a email but never got a response but they do have a phone # , just haven't gotten around to it.

http://ggqualitycase.com

7. mcmacguy

mcmacguy TDPRI Member

G+G make great cases but I would avoid them for parts. They took 2 weeks and 3 emails to even acknowlege my online order, then 2 more weeks to ship. Worse: their shipping cost is outrageous: $11 PER ITEM! So you can't even stock up to save a few bucks.

Elderly is also pricey for parts, but it doesn't matter - they don't have the Cheney-style latches. Forget Lowes and Home Depot. The guy on ebay is the only source I could find, and he's awfully pricey.

Guess I'll have to start looking for old suitcases on the side of the street on trash day!

8. Telepi

Telepi Tele-Afflicted

Shoe repair places can fix latches and replace rivets.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.