Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender Blue Label Speaker

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by drob, Jun 28, 2012.

1. drob

drob Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2011
    Toronto
  2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    - Blue labels were used a lot, could be anyone
    - Did not see any discernable speaker mfg codes
    - Looks pretty recent

3. Wally

Wally Telefied

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    That is an 8 ohm EMinence speaker. I have no idea what one could expect for sonics out of it. IT came out of a solid state Fender PRinceton 65.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. drob

drob Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2011
    Toronto
    Thanks. The reason I ask is not to purchase the speaker, it came in a traynor ycv 20 I just bought. I love how this amp sounds.

6. Wally

Wally Telefied

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    drob, fyi; on the side of the magnet on that speaker, there is a strip of grey tape with codes on it. You will see a code that starts with '67'. '67' is the manufacturere's code for Eminence. The numbers that follow in that code will tell you the year and the week of manufacture. There are other codes there that indicate what Eminence speaker it is. The impedance is also written there, IIRC.

7. uriah1

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    oops..I forgot there was a couple (2) digit speaker mfg.....
    upgrade my list...thx Wally

8. Wally

Wally Telefied

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    uriah1, remember also that there are some 4-digit manufacturer's codes. I have two Silvertone amps here right now....a little 1331 from 1960 and a 1442 Md. 40 XL from 1967...that both have Fisher speakers.
    The code for those is 1056.

9. uriah1

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
  10. Wally

Wally Telefied

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Pyle's code is 1098. You will find Pyles in Fenders from the '70's and '80's' maybe later. The 10" Pyles that Derek Trucks likes to use have the large dust cover on them. I have one of those here with a FEnder label on it. FEnder used another 10" Pyle, too, that has a smaller dust cover. I have seen them in Super Champs. NOT a bad speaker, but not a great speaker. I need to try the 'Trucks' 10" in one of my Super Champs just to hear it. I can't even remember where I got it. The smaller dust cover Pyles are not quite as articulate as the Emi Alnicos that I run in my SC's.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.