Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender Amp repair in/near Austin, TX?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ddewerd, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ddewerd

ddewerd Tele-Afflicted

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my HR Deville amp. It's under warranty and I need to get it fixed. I took it to a place in Houston last year, and it seemed to work for a while, but the problem is back (high pitched squeal). I wasn't really too happy with the Houston shop, as they just sent it off to someone and I never got to talk to the tech or find out what he found or fixed.

I am out in the boondocks, about half way between Austin and Houston, so I thought I'd give Austin a try.

I checked the Fender Service Centers on the Fender site, but it doesn't show anything in Austin. Actually, it looks like it's changed since the last time I looked, as the shop I originally took it to is not listed now either.

Anyways, if you know of any reputable Fender authorized shops in Austin, I'd appreciate some names. I can do some homework on my own, but looking for a starting place.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. PapaLion

PapaLion Tele-Afflicted

Sep 19, 2010
    SW AZ
    Some excellent Silver and Gold Fender service /warranty centers in music shops/Fender dealers have ceased. I'm pretty sure Heart of Texas is still going strong? you might check there.

background: If you are a small dealer and doing warranty work, which doesn't pay well IMHO, and you get swamped with box store gear that needs warranty work it can overwhelm your shop and your regular support for your customers. Dealers want to be fair, but their loyalty is focused on those customers who buy from them of course, not some fella who got a deal at a box store. Human nature I suppose. Check Heart of Texas they are great guys.

3. WireLine

WireLine Tele-Holic

Mar 23, 2003
    Midland TX
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. ddewerd

ddewerd Tele-Afflicted

thanks guys. I hate to have to pay for somethign that's under warranty, but OTOH, if it gets done right (like what DIDN'T happen last time) it's worth it.

Cheers,
    Doug

6. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.