Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fender American Deluxe Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Pwscoper, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Pwscoper

Pwscoper TDPRI Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Mobile, Alabama
    Does being a 60th anniversary tele make it any different from other American Deluxe Telecaster?

Attached Files:

2. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2006
    LaGrange, GA
    Welcome!!! I don't think so but I am sure that someone will answer soon with the specs on it.

3. Hollandcaster

Hollandcaster Tele-Holic

Jan 31, 2005
    Wagenberg, Holland
    Well, they should have locking tuners at least...

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Lobomov

Lobomov Tele-Afflicted

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    I have a zircon like that as well same place on my run of the mill Tele .. I think they slapped those on everything that moved in 2006. I'm not quite sure, but I think the true limited anniversary models had it printed on the body or similar.

6. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle
    No, sorry it doesn't. those were "Fender 60th Anniversary" emblems. Fender did several other "60th Anniversary Of telecasters", ala the Telebration series in 2011, and a lot of Custom Shop models.

7. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2006
    Arizona
    I even had a fender strap that had one of those on it.

8. Phelonious Ponk

Phelonious Ponk Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2011
    charlotte, nc
  9. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    That is correct - pretty much every USA and MIM production-line Fender got that little medallion in 2006 (I believe they chose to not put them on the AVRI models but I could be wrong on that). There was not a true limited edition American Deluxe model; the USA "60th Anniversary limited editions" were based on the American Series models and had an unique finish and a real industrial diamond instead of the zirconia.

The locking tuners didn't get added to the American Deluxe Teles until the 2010 spec change; they had regular non-locking tuners prior to that.

10. Pwscoper

Pwscoper TDPRI Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Mobile, Alabama
    Thanks everyone! Good to know. Either way it's an
    awesome guitar!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.