Fender '72 Telecaster Custom MIJ 1994

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jacobjohn, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:51 PM.

1. jacobjohn

jacobjohn NEW MEMBER!

There's a 1994 '72 Telecaster Custom MIJ for sale that i'm interested in. However, They added two bolt holes to the neck plate and added 2 screws to it. Does anybody have any idea why they'd do that? so now the neck plate is bolted on with 5 bolts. I know those guitars have the micro tilt adjustment. But I still don't know why they'd do that. Any ideas? brn.jpg

2. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Because they are imbeciles.

fidopunk likes this.
  3. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

Wow...the things I see sometimes!!I guess they put the 2 extra screws because some 1970s 3 bolt necks were known to be unstable and the previous owner thought this guitar would suffer from that 'design flaw'.The Japanese Fenders are generally high quality,well built guitars so I doubt there would be issues with those ones.

Flaneur likes this.
  4. roycaster

roycaster Tele-Meister

I used to see that pretty regularly back in the 80s. That was a real popular thing with the hair metal crowd…

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.