Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Feelings...why the hate?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by claes, Sep 20, 2017.

1. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    Perhaps Feelings was done to death,
    First of all, that should be a compliment to a songwriter, to have their song played so much.
    And secondly Barry Manilow is a world class singer songwriter who can blow to roof off any venue he performs in.
    If you don't like him or his music, good enough, but that doesn't mean he's second rate, it just means you don't like him.

Edit:

Corrected so Blowtorch can sleep tonight ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    blowtorch likes this.

2. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Nice hair. That's a lot of people on stage in order to perform along with the recording.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Can't say I've heard of this person ;)

boredguy6060 likes this.

4. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    "Feelings...why the hate?"

If you have to ask, it's probably too late :lol:

Fred Rogers likes this.

5. DonM

DonM Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT
    When I first moved to CA (Huntington Beach) in '75 I had a cute real estate agent helping me find a home. We drove around for about three months looking at houses. She bought his album with Feelings on it, probably the only one he had. I had to listen to that damn thing for what seems like forever. And as bad as Feelings was, there were other equally horrid songs on that thing. About drove me crazy.

Obsessed likes this.

6. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Nothing, if you care to count my dos centavos. :)

It's a nice song and I remember it well. I was 11 when it came out in '75. It got a fair amount of airplay and like some 11 year olds, I was girl crazy, romantic and a bit melodramatic. So that song, which is a bit mushy, would have fit the melodrama of my youth. Depending on how one listens/interprets a song, you could say a song like Unchained Melody sung by Righteous Brother, Bobby Hatfield, has song attributes similar to, Feelings. It's all subjective.

This forum is not the best place for consolation. Sometimes, you'll find like-minded folks. Other times, some can be unabashedly coarse, depending on the subject matter.

7. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I'm on the nightowl shift, so, no sleep for me! Not until roughly 9:30 this morning

8. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    *Somebody* wanted you to find a new home - quickly...

DonM, boris bubbanov and blowtorch like this.

9. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Ironically enough, Barry did not write either of 'his' songs mentioned here (Mandy and I Write The Songs).

10. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2013
    Long Island
    I haven't heard feelings in about 20 years. Yep! Still hate it.

11. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    This. Manilow is undeniably a huge talent. I remember Arsenio Hall had the "Days to Barry Manilow" countdown on his show. He started counting the days at least a month prior to Barry Manilow's appearance as a guest on his show. Every day he would update how many days were left until Manilow would be guest. At first I thought it was folly, but Arsenio vehemently insisted his enthusiasm was genuine. When the big day came, it was apparent that Hall was star struck.

I have to admit, as saccharine as his music tends to be, I enjoyed the moment.

brookdalebill likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.