Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

February Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Feb 1, 2015.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I know I dont participate enough on these backing track threads to really have the right to make a suggestion, but, if I could, please indulge me.
    I love the grooves and tracks that appear here so take this as suggestions and not complaining. The group that participates in these have grown these threads from a single track a month, to a multiple track good time! It's getting better every month. I'm not sure these are even available in backing tracks, but, from my perspective it would be great if on future tracks:

1. Rather a track that has a single groove/vamp, they have a key change or bridge and chorus type arrangement.
    2. Possibly be only bass and drums?
    3. Occasionally offer up a classic tune so that there has to be a melody interpretation as well as a separate solo section.
    4. Maybe entertain the thought of a Collab thread original? (How fun would that be!!)

I do have a few backing tracks that I have purchased from Bobby's Backing Tracks that fit this criteria but I dont know if it's cool to offer them up publicly as he is trying to sell them. Just spitballin'

This is the first thread I go to every time I log on!! It's a blast!! Keep up the great work guys!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

2. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, a really nice track. Reminds me somehow to Vanilla Fudge´s "The Beat Goes On", a kaleidoscope of rock music.

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    We've already addressed number one. Four seems like another idea altogether. I know you've done some with others but a general free for all might be tough, especially to yield something good.

4. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    You hit on some of things that we addressed for this March tracks . Another idea was to find a multitrack recording but they're far from few that I found and the one had possibilities but the vocals could be heard all through the tracks . I would use midis and convert it to a wav file but the quality of the instruments can be lame on most . I've heard some bass and drum tracks ,these wouldn't be out of reach to post some

I thought about this,The Collaboration Challenge may be done a couple times in a year , it would be fun to have it on its own thread . I think you would need most of the month between group of people to complete a track from scratch.How they're selected as group would have to be worked out and the track would need to have certain criteria to post the final track for the challenge

5. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    That was pretty cool Ullrich or should I say John Lee Hooker ;) ,very nice tone and nice lines too.Great build up at the end

6. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Thank you for listening and commenting just a few hours before expiration of the deadline ;), Mike. Thank you too, Phil.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

8. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Nice job Phil always a pleasure listening to your tracks.

Ullrich very cool! Love the tone and the lines in that jam!

Mike I like that. Again very cool tone.

9. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    That was fun!! :) And the tone! That sounded excellent on my crappy laptop, can't wait to hear it on my HS-80's.

It's not every day you hear 3rd Stone From The Sun, Lady Madonna, Bohemian Rhapsody, Dream Weaver, and Norwegian Wood, and who knows what else I missed, all in the same song! Wow! :D

It's on like Donkey Kong! :lol:

10. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    That was really good! That tone you had going fit that track perfectly, and your playing was right on as well.

11. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    Nice! Very nice!

The tone you guys are getting is great. I'm hearing a huge improvement all around from when we I joined in back in January.

12. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    In case any of you were wondering, the other snippet that appears in the "dream sequence" is Welcome to my Nightmare.

13. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Aside the unwanted distortion - overloading your ibput stage, I guess - , it´s a lovely track. Your playing is good, and the sound - well, it really sounds like 70s recorded jam session. I like it, definitely!

Thank you very much! This time it´s the 2014 American Standard, a bandmaster model from the second channel of my Super Champ X2 recorded via the direct out, effects in Cubase.

After recording that, I shut down the Super Champ and turned on the Lonestar to play some more; but - no sound :(! All four power tubes were lit with the same intensity; no sound when switched to 5 or 15 watts, sound when switched to 30 watts.

I bought that amp in may 2014, and this is the third time I have to bring it to repair. I think, I will return it and get another amp. Presumably they would put in new tubes, and it will run again, but I believe it will be weeks or months till the next failure. There must be a bad ghost in the amp :twisted:.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.