Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

February Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Better than what I came up with...nothing. Tone is quite good.

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I love it !
    Very creative Joe and your playing fit right in nicely .My first question, how did you conceive mixing hip hop to country chicken pickin track , that would be the last thing I would ever think to do :)
    Man!It sounded pretty cool ,well done for using your imagination

You'll get credit for country/rap if it ever takes off...:lol:

3. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I think there is some kind of country rap thing. The beat worked great. As for the guitar playing this track is not the best one to start learning the genre.

4. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I wasn't sure if rap had broke into country yet , now I know and you got that right, I wouldn't want to start learning this genre :)

5. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Thank you Mike. Yes there is some type of country rap out there. The only I have ever heard was Colt Ford. I originally was looking to use Hank Williams Tear in my Beer as the vocal but could not get it to sink up. I had his whole idea of running the chorus and stutter repeating "Cryin for you Dear" and working some playing around that. I just could not make it work.

My son was listening to Eminem and I said hey that sounds pretty close to the beat. So I grabbed it up and placed it in the track.

Mark I read the posts of the guys here who play much better than I saying this one was tough I didn't have a shot on this one. I wish I knew someone around here that could chickin pick. I would love to learn. I have watched videos on youtube and even have two Danny Gatton videos I just cant seem to get it... This is one technique I think I need someone in front of me telling me where I am going wrong. I wish I had the time to sit with the Danny Gatton videos and learn them. He was an incredible player if I could pick up just a few pieces of his playing I would be on another planet.

6. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Nice Job Guran I would take your bunch of clichés any day of the week!

7. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I don´t think so. In fact, I am pretty much impressed. And entertained. Of course, I didn´t understand at all what you said there - much too fast for an alien who is not used to cope with spoken english. But that didn´t really matter. I just started smiling when you started, such a stunning idea. And: your track sounded real good in the sense of recording quality. You have a decent voice, and did you really double those parts or was there some technical trick?

I love it!

8. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Thank You Ullrich but that is not me. That is Eminem. I just grabbed up his vocals and put them in the mix. There was no way in the world I could play a track of style with absolutely no chops so I needed to figure out a way to make something work and still participate.

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I was checking it out today ,interesting topic but does this mean we should try it again cause I was thinking using this for March :D

10. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Please no. This is the kind of thing that would be fun with real people playing live but with a recording not so much.

11. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I'm kidding and I wouldn't after that Vamp in A but I did have it in queue for March at one time...Yikes!

12. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    Ya know, there's still 4 days left in Feb. We got time to slip in a quickie? :D

13. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    My DAW is dying. Not sure how much longer I'll be participating. Grrr.

I lost one of the two HDD's today and the boot drive is going bad too.

So if I suddenly disappear, you guys know what happened to me. :lol:

I plan on building a new one, but it's going to take a while.

Shane :mad:

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Hopefully you will get it resolved

15. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    Thanks Mike. Yes I will. I already got approval from my wife to replace it, but it bothers me to spend the money when, well, you heard the lyrics. LOL! :lol:

Shane

16. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

17. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I know it's a bit late to the party but now that I've listened to everyone's alternate tracks here's some feedback.

February #4 (Alternate Track) Feedback

• Ullrich - Nice. I liked that section around 2:30 and the pinch harmonics. It has a sort of 70's rock feel :cool:
    • Mike - You always slay me with your big guitar sound. I wish I could play like that. :cool:
    • Mark - That's some very nice playing right there Mark. Nice and tight. I'll echo the comments by the others that it's your best yet. Well done. :D
    • Joe - Obviously you didn't get enough metal in your diet from track #3. :lol: Some sweet whammy bar work. Great tone for that style of playing too. :cool:
    • Shane - Another great track Shane. I liked the Hendrix-esque ascending line at about 1:27 and the Doppler effect thing was pretty cool too. :D

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    What a well put together recording Phil . I really enjoyed listening to all the ideas that went into it.The rhythm guitar and the lead guitar were very good together I heard a few famous riffs in that track and the Bohemian Rhapsody voice fills were cool. Well done phil!

Thanks Phil for your comment.

19. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Phil - Love the slide and 3d Stone from the Sun.

20. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.