Favorite type(s) of guitar through Tweed amp(s)?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RoscoeElegante, May 12, 2019.

1. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

Because I am a sucker for single coils and because of its 5 way switch, I would have to say that my custom shop ´56 strat sounds the best with any tweed or blackface amps. For me the use of differents guitars depends on the sound you wich to acheive for a particular song. Of course you can play any song on any guitar. For example, playing with the volume, the treble and the different pick-ups, you can use just a telecaster to play anything. Than again, I like to use the tele for certain « twangy » song, the strat for certain blues and rock songs and the big Gretsch for rockabilly and jazz stuff. But that’s me...

2. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

It sounds like a cop out, but I like pretty much anything into a tweed.
    I've been gigging mostly a 58 Bassman, but still sometimes haul out a 56 Deluxe or 54 Pro...I even gigged a 51 deluxe recently because I knew it would be mic'ed...talk about loose!
    Sometimes humbuckers (low output, dropped way down, please), P90s, Tele, Strat, Dynas, toasters...they're all different flavors of awesome.
    Been gigging an Epi Sorrento that just KILLS through the Bassman.
    So does the $99 LP Special P90.

High Head Brad and Ricky D. like this.
  3. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Every tweed amp is different. It's tempting to generalize that way, but not very realistic. My tweed bassman is a way different amp than the EC Tremolux (for example), or my 1x15 Lil Dawg Dlux.

Wally likes this.
  4. High Head Brad

High Head Brad TDPRI Member

Yep and its also not just limited to Fenders. Supro’s (and any of the Valco amps), Gibsons and others from the same era as the Fender tweeds fall into the same category IMO. And my experience is that all guitars sound great through them but Tele’s possibly shine the brightest for my taste.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.