Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Favorite twilight zone episode

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Biz Prof

Biz Prof Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2009
    Lillington, NC
    "Little Girl Lost" scared the crap out of me when I first saw the re-run back in the 70s. Made me worried I might fall out of bed at night into "the fourth dimension".

2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I sort of liked that one where the old dude is dying and brings in all his relatives.

After he dies, the butler gives them all voodoo masks to put on at dinner. When they take
    them off, their faces look like what they were to people (inside) during life.....

3. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    Roddy McDowall. Great episode.

Among my favorites are To Serve Man and the one where a bunch of thieves pull a caper to steal a lot of gold and then go into suspended animation. Also, the Howling Man. And the one where...I could go on. One of the best shows ever...Rod Serling was a genius.

drlucky likes this.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I think this was TTZ: a man is in a building's stairwell. He becomes curious about what's at the bottom of the stairwell so he descends ... and descends! It keeps going. He becomes giddy flying down the stairs of basement floor after basement floor. It becomes tiring but he is even more determined. It getting hotter and hotter. He finally realizes where he is going but he's either too resigned or too tired to attempt to climb out.

I can't remember the conclusion -- if he arrives at Hell, or he is just resigned to his Fate and we know he's headed there in the end.

5. portsider

portsider Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2003
    Tampa Fla.
    I really dig the one with Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery. They are the last two people on earth after the "big one". He's an American soldier and she's a Russian soldier.

zook, drf64, Recce and 1 other person like this.

6. grandstick

grandstick Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2010
    Virginia, US
    My brother was out riding his bicycle one day when hit a nail and got a flat tire. A stranger stopped and asked if he needed help. He offered to drive him home (this was back in the days where one didn't need to be wary of strangers).

My brother accepted the offer. The man dropped him off at home (as offered). When he came into the house, my parents asked who gave him the ride; he said he never got the man's name.

Later that night, the television was on and "The Twilight Zone" came on. My brother shouted "That's the man who brought me home!"

It was Rod Serling. He lived about 10 minutes down the road from our place.

drlucky, 24 track and Frank'n'censed like this.

7. uriah1

Feb 12, 2011
    Around

8. TeleDrifter

TeleDrifter Tele-Afflicted

Oct 13, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    My all-time fave episode was about a dude that had an old Grand father's clock & he thought as long as he kept in running he would live so he spend his whole life maintaining & winding the clock. One night he let it run down to a stop. The grim reaper shows up & says Hey the clock stopped I'm here for you. The old guy says to the grim reaper. I don't believe that anymore & rolls over & goes back to sleep. LOL.

9. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Meister

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    You guys are ruining all of the endings!

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    there are so many good ones

11. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

I liked the one where a guy purchases a wrist watch that has the power to make time stand still. He then accidentally breaks it and becomes the ONLY human on the planet that is not frozen in time.

12. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2008
    South Lousiana
    Never realized it was him...

13. uriah1

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Oh yea, and the lost in space kid 'Billy Mummy" who wished people away..and the whole
    town did what he said....he was mean

drf64 likes this.

14. stratofortress

stratofortress Tele-Afflicted

Oct 25, 2011
    Maryland
    My favorite is the one where you think they are escaping from planet Earth,but then come to find out they are escaping too the planet Earth

15. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    He was a creepy little kid.

16. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    "That's real good, Anthony, that's real good"

You beat me to it. My favorite also.

17. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    Too many to pick from. My favorite humorous episode is "The Last Rites of Jeff Myrtlebank." Way to many dramatic episodes to pick a favorite. Funny though, the episode I always remember is the first I ever saw, the one where Elizabeth Montgomery was a witch casting love spells that eventually led everyone to sorrow. I was seven or eight and that episode still resonates.

Just checked and it wasn't Elizabeth Montgomery, but Ann Francis, and the episode was "Jesse-Belle"

18. Fendrcaster

Fendrcaster Tele-Afflicted

My favorite, too, is "Time Enough at Last", starring Burgess Meredith, the book reader.

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

drlucky likes this.

20. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 16, 2008
    California

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.