Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Favorite twilight zone episode

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Jul 4, 2013.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    hmm...they are running these again this weekend..

so

I still Like Endora who swats at the little monsters that land on her roof.
    (astronauts)...lol

picknfool and drlucky like this.

2. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

Aug 1, 2011
    south carolina
    I like the one with the guy on the plane who keeps seeing a monster on the wing and no one believes him. I think William Shatner was the guy if I remember correctly.

3. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2008
    South Lousiana
    The one with guy who loves to read and survives the end of the world. He is the last survivor and steps on his glasses in front of the library.

4. eStreetTele

eStreetTele TDPRI Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Fairfield, CA
    That one is a classic! My mom used to show that to us all the time growing up.

My favorite is The Monsters are Due on Maple street. There is a flyby in a small neighborhood.. They don't know what it was. A meteor... A UFO. An airplane. Who knows. The power goes out. They all start to accuse each other of knowing who's behind it.... One of them kills the other. They all go crazy... At the end you see aliens outside their UFO on a nearby hill- watching all of this happen, feeling proud.

It was a spooky one... Hope it comes on tonight.

drlucky likes this.

5. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    They're all great.

Best TV show ever IMHO.

nojazzhere and drlucky like this.

6. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

Sep 28, 2009
    Calera, Alabama
    The flying saucer one was classic (uriah1).

Christhee68, you are correct, that was William Shatner.

7. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think it was a twilight zone episode.

A guy shows up out of nowhere with a box that will grant a wish, at the expense of the death of a complete stranger, if opened.

We see 4 people's decisions to open it ... when we see the 5th stranger meet their fate, we see it's the first guy we saw open the box.

8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Shatner on the plane.

drlucky likes this.

9. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    To Serve Man

Toserveman2.jpg

This and the William Shatner one.

picknfool, zook, Doctorx33 and 3 others like this.

10. Davib96

Davib96 TDPRI Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I liked the one where and astronaut landed on Mars, and when he gets there he is met by these Martians who looked a lot like humans. The Martians tell him to stay for a while and they make a house for him. When he gets to the house he finds that all of the doors are locked, then all of a sudden one of the walls falls over and there's a big window and there are a bunch of Martians watching. Then you can read a sign next to the big window which says something like " the human species in its natural habitat".

Not sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

11. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    A guy meets another guy who is his exact twin. The first guy suspects that the second is not human, but a robot. They get into a fight and the first guy wins, killing robot. Somehow it was made very clear to the viewer who was who, maybe through dress or something.

After winning the fight, the first guy see that the skin above his wrist and forearm is damage. He pulls it back and see a bunch machinery, just what a robot would have.

Anyone know the name of this episode? It could be Outer Limits, however.

12. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    The guy with the stopwatch that stops time and then it breaks while he robs the bank. Art Carney a drunk, turns into Santa. Agnes Moorehead attacked by little alien toy robots from...the USA... Billy Mummy puts you in the cornfield... Robert Redford as the angel who comes to take the elderly woman home... Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge where a man fantasizes during his own hanging...

Theres so many...now Im looking at youtube...

nojazzhere and drlucky like this.

13. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Holic

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    That one starred Burgess Meredith.

14. harold h

harold h Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2004
    My favorite as well.

15. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

Sep 28, 2008
    Antioch, IL
    My favorite is "Walking Distance" where the hard-driving executive returns to his home town and goes back in time to his boyhood...that one has stayed with me throughout my life.

I also really liked the one (can't remember the name) about the prisoner exiled to an asteroid; the captain of the ship bringing him basic supplies takes pity on him and brings him a humanoid female robot.

drlucky likes this.

16. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    That was actually a 1962 French short film (based on they Ambrose Bierce short story, obviously) that was telecast as an episode of "The Twilight Zone" during in its last season.

Teleguy61 likes this.

17. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    That was an 80s Twilight Zone ep, an underrated series imo.. they had several good ones like "the exam" where a kid is tested as 'too smart' by the government and sent to be executed, one about a guy who's in a reality show but doesnt realize it (kind of ahead of its time for the 80s) and several about transferring consciousness to a computer that were creepy/cool

The 60s William Shatner one with the monster on the wing was also a favorite of mine, written by one of the best writers of the last century (imo) Richard Matheson, who wrote a lot of classic Zone eps as well as the novel "I Am Legend" (a much better book than the Charlton Heston "Omega Man" or Will Smith "I Am Legend" movie adaptations would let on).

Matheson also wrote that 80s episode (called Button, Button) which was horribly adapted recently as "The Box".

http://www.SunbeltRyders.com

cwinn likes this.

18. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Whoa! Thanks. Interesting to now know I like the writing of Richard Matheson! Will get some of his books. Cheers.

19. jackleg

jackleg Tele-Meister

Aug 19, 2004
    don't walk into the gates of heaven without your dog.....

zook, catdaddy and drlucky like this.

20. Chris Browne

Chris Browne Tele-Holic

Apr 29, 2003
    New Brunswick, Canada
    The first episode, where the guy walks into an abandoned town, and it turns out he's in an isolation chamber being tested for space flight or something. There's a scene where he runs into a mirror that's especially well done.

What I really love about that show is that each scene counts, each frame seems composed like a painting, there's no extraneous detail to take away from the story. I'm sure being in b/w helps, but there's a sparseness and elegance to the cinematography that really gets me.

drlucky likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.