Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Favorite Fuzz and Why??

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by lareplus, Mar 16, 2010.

1. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2007
    South Africa
    OOOppppps . . . thanks, i'll look into it ;)

2. t_mbaker

t_mbaker TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Australia
    I just finished building a Gretsch Controfuzz clone and I would have to say that it is a pretty cool sounding fuzz.

And with the blend knob below 12 o'clock you can get this weird fuzz bloom effect were the note starts out cleanish and slowly fuzzes up as it decays.

Very cool.

3. Jelle

Jelle Tele-Meister

Jul 18, 2008
    Netherlands
    I keep coming back to a good Ge Fuzz Face clone; add P90s and some analog delay and I'm all set up for a few hours of noodling.
    For heavier stuff I like the Effector 13 Soda-meiser.

4. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

MJM London Fuzz here...just picked up a used one for 95 bucks. It seems to be a pretty good pedal. I also like the OX Fuzz and the Analogman. We'll see how this one goes.

5. p8t8r

p8t8r Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2009
    Poland
    Visual Sound Angry Fuzz. It can mix in upper octave and get you to Hendrix teritory. Fuzz on it's own is great too.

6. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2007
    Washington, DC
    I just picked up a Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz on Ebay and I'm really digging it. It's basically a silicon Fuzz Face with a "Tweak" knob that lets you select from six eq profiles by changing the input capacitor. It will give you everything from a bright Kinks rasp to huge dark thunder. Very cool. My only problem with it was the range of the volume knob -- the way it comes stock, unity gain can only be reached with the knob almost all the way up -- but I found a simple mod that improved it. I'm very happy with this thing.

Bonus points for the SMD design being so mod-friendly. There are full-sized solder holes adjacent to all the microscopic resistors and transistors, and the capacitors are full-sized. And the parts are clearly numbered on the PCB.

7. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2007
    South Africa
    <--- i have #308

This monster into my Bassman & 4X12 cab . . . Pure Evil :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Saying that, it is a KILLER clean boost too, with just a hint of grit.

8. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

I'd say...

9. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    My favourite fuzz is the Green Fuzz...

10. Tee1

Tee1 Tele-Meister

Jun 27, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm going with my Cornell 1st Fuzz for sure (on the right).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.