Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Favorite Cars

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mistermullens, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2009
    not here
    Old Euro stuff..
    BMW 2002, Saab 99, '60s Volvos, '60s Vw's
    I also like early GTI's and once owned a BMW (e21) 320i that I enjoyed alot..

2. tomkatf

tomkatf Tele-Holic

Aug 21, 2004
    San Diego
    Ferrari 308 GTSi...

Attached Files:

3. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    I looked thru all 4 pages and didn't see one of my all time fav's...Triumph TR-3.
    someday I'll have one....

Cheers
    ce24

4. skinner

skinner TDPRI Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Rolla, MO
    Love the Mopars. Not so sure on the Vette. I'm a diehard Mopar man myself and have had a '69 Super Bee since high school.

Attached Files:

5. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    Oooo...the Talbot Lago! Now your talking!

There are so many cars that I would love to have, but two of them very high on my list would be a Duesenberg SJ and a D Type Jaguar. I will never be able to afford either one.

6. telekaster1999

telekaster1999 Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2008
    Heath Springs SC.
    Love my G8 GT

Attached Files:

7. tomkatf

tomkatf Tele-Holic

Aug 21, 2004
    San Diego
    Well, if we're talking fantasy cars...!!!

'67 Ferrari 330 P4(412) here...

Attached Files:

8. Badabing

Badabing Friend of Leo's

Oct 13, 2009
    San Marcos, Ca
    Low and Slow!!!!!!!!

1960 Series 62

Attached Files:

9. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    When I was 19 I had a 69 Corvette with the L-88 motor... 435hp 427, 4sp, 4:11 rear, 8mpg on the highway... I had no idea it was one of 116 L-88 cars made in 1969. I bought it for $3800 and thought I did well selling it for what I paid for it a couple of years later. After seeing what they go for on the TV car auctions... I am Lord of the idiots...

It looked like this (mine was this color yellow) but this is not my car, the only pic's I have of it are old and I need to scan them.
    [​IMG]

One of my top choices would be a 1958 Corvette... I just love the dual headlights and the boat tail rear end.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. soultosoul13

soultosoul13 Tele-Meister

Jun 12, 2008
    Des Moines, IA
    my 1986 chevy caprice of course....

Attached Files:

11. electricjr

electricjr Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2010
    woodstock, ny
    Unsung classics! My dad had a '73 manta, red with a blacked out hood. Long gone before my driving days, but I'll never forget it.

Attached Files:

12. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Oct 6, 2003
    yeah, I loved my Mopars too! My best friends brother had a metallic green Super Bee, a 383 car and it was quick.

Which motor is in yours?

13. Telefinken

Telefinken Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2009
    Sweden
    Here's a nice one, Tatra 603 with air-cooled V8.

14. prawnik

prawnik Tele-Holic

Apr 4, 2009
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Forgot about the P330 and the old Ferrari 512 Can Am. Also the BMW 3.0CSL.

I wanted to restrict my list to 10 cars but that is getting more and more difficult.

15. skinner

skinner TDPRI Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Rolla, MO
    440 (non-original) with a 727 automatic going back to an 8.75 rear with a 3.55 Sure-Grip.

16. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    If I could have anything, I'd take a finned Hawk [​IMG] this one's a 57
    a 61 would be nice, too [​IMG]
    I wouldn't say no to a Golden Hawk, either [​IMG]
    I very nearly bought this one [​IMG] but since I was a broke college student with NO money or place to park it, I had to let it go.

17. 68 Shovelhead

68 Shovelhead Tele-Afflicted

Dec 1, 2008
    Seattle
    That Tatra is kinda homely, but interesting. I had to see what the rest of the car looked like, check out this ultra cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fNpTSLi80

18. Cassady

Cassady Tele-Afflicted

Jan 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    This is my current favorite:

[​IMG]

mostly because I own one just like it (same color even) and because it's a TON of fun. I also thought about Corvettes, Vipers, S2000s and Miatas, but I'm happy with the choice I made.

19. pchilson

pchilson Friend of Leo's

Aug 23, 2007
    Arkansas

20. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2009
    not here
    My dad was a tech at a GM dealer when they came out..I (too young to drive) was all agog..If I remember correctly the blacked out hood was part of the "Ralley Sport" package. Anywhoo, dad who had been raised on big Detroit iron was less than impressed, but I was started down the road driving those 'eurooopeeeean cars" as they were known in our neck of the woods.

Someone mentioned the TR-3.. I had a coworker back in the mid '80s who owned several early TR's he had a intersting story involving buying the first in the early '70s in the Pittsburg area and driving in home to Baltimore. He got a flat somewhere along the PA Turnpike (driving a 10+ year old Triumph on the Turnpike must have been a expereience in it'self lol) as he opened the trunk to retreve tools etc. a semi roared by; the wind it generated snaped the oft repaired trunk hinges like match sticks and the "boot lid" went arching thru the night sky and landed in a nearby field..to quote my friend " The god's were seding a message..too bad I didn't listen"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.