Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Favorite Cars

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mistermullens, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Tdot

Tdot Poster Extraordinaire

HeHeHe, that's cooler than I expected. I thought you had remote door poppers.

The Willy's was one of my really big favorites as kid (yes, I'd still love to get one, and I'd dump the running boards too). That mix of Deco/SciFi style blasting around dirt tracks and down dragstips was about as cool as it could be.

2. polishedturd

polishedturd TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2009
    San Diego
    Japanese Import: '83-'86 Toyota AE86
    [​IMG]

Euro Import: '68 Lotus Europa
    [​IMG]

Domestic: '09 Corvette ZR1
    [​IMG]

3. bosstone

bosstone Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Those Austin Healey 3000 thousands looked great. I have had 3 friends who have had them and I rode to college one of them in his for a few months. What a POS! Sorry but the car is slow, doesn't brake, doesn't handle, has a transmission that weighed as much as its engine, rattled and the heater was useless. People would swap out the AH's engine and trans for a small block Chevy and trans and wouldn't gain a pound.

4. bosstone

bosstone Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Corvettes came with bias ply tires all they way through either 68 or 69. I think 69. I had a 69 Stingray and almost immediately switched them for the new, at the time, Mickey Thompson tires. A year later, I met a guy with the same car, down to the silver color. He told me that he had taken his to 135 mph with the stock tires and the driver's side rear blew. Luckily, he was able to get it stopped without accident or injury but it tore up a bit of his inside wheel well. I got mine up to 148 mph on the Indiana Toll Road (Hwy 80) somewhere between South Bend, IN and Valparaiso, IN back in 1970. It was completely straight and flat. It had the 370 hp small block with headers and Thrush mufflers. It didn't have much left after about 140 so I got out of it before my friend freaked out. I really wanted to see 150 but 148 is the fastest I have ever gone to this day.

5. G-log

G-log Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2006
    Van.B.C.
    57 Nomad! My first ride in a wicked fast car was my best friends older brother's 57 Nomad with a 409 & mega tuning.It changed my life!!!!(I was 12 then LOL!) Had a 55 Belair 4dr sedan for a while, I love 5-6-7 Chevys!

6. rextasy

rextasy Tele-Afflicted

Oct 5, 2008
    nashville
    Man...you looked like Dennis Wilson in Two-Lane Blacktop and had the car to match! I'll bet you did have fun.

7. rextasy

rextasy Tele-Afflicted

Oct 5, 2008
    nashville
    It was a '73. I inherited it from my uncle, and I don't remember it having anything in the way of options.

8. tbp0701

tbp0701 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 4, 2005
    Ohio
    i've never driven one, but I'm not surprised. Sticking big American engines into British roadsters is how Carroll Shelby became a legend, too.

9. tbp0701

tbp0701 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 4, 2005
    Ohio
    By the way, I thought I'd throw this in as a favorite. My first car was Plymouth Grand Fury ex-police car with a 440 cubic inch engine. I very nearly lost my license when I was 17.

It looked like this, except it was white:
    [​IMG]

Not pretty, but the thing was a monster.

10. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

This was a classic I owned in the nineties. It was two years older than me.

1970 Holden Statesman: 308 V8, 350 Turbo Trans, LSD - did 110mph on CNG (methane).

Mine was metallic copper and immaculate. Sold it way too cheap.

[​IMG]

11. E.D. Patton

E.D. Patton Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2006
    Portland, OR
    My current favorite.

A 1970 F-250 Camper Special that my niece dubbed "Piglet".

Not so great in the snow, though!

Attached Files:

12. teleweezel

teleweezel Tele-Meister

My first car was a 1985 Mustang GT, that I totalled coming home from a gig, I would like to have that car back.

I also wouldn't mind Mandy's Cadillac!!!

13. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 27, 2006
    GA
    Just had to post my new (to me) ride. I've painted it and installed a camper interior among other things since I bought it.

[​IMG]

14. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

Jun 28, 2006
    Aurora,Colorado
    Cop shocks,cop tires.....Is it 106 miles to Chicago from where you are?

15. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Apr 30, 2004
    Newly Indiana
    What I need:
    [​IMG]

What I'll settle for:
    [​IMG]

What I want:
    [​IMG]

16. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    Always been a "vette" guy, I think I have had 7 or 8 thru the years, just sold this one a month back, 2001/ Z06, pure and simple a Hot Rod that will rock your bones..I Will get another when the deal is right...

Attached Files:

17. Guitfiddler

Guitfiddler Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin
    I'll throw in my two favorite personal vehicles, both trucks though...73 Toyota FJ40 and 84 FJ60 Landcruisers. They both have been super reliable and run like champs. The FJ60 was my absolute favorite camping/weekend trip truck ever. A queen mattress fits perfectly in the back, cold ac, go anywhere I needed, and never once broke down on me.

The FJ40 is a three speed, so it's off-road or across town only for me in that ol' girl.

Attached Files:

18. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Here's my three....

a '71 Barracuda insurance cheater car converted partially into a Cuda, less the gill slit fenders. An original 383 4bbl 4spd car.
    [​IMG]

'71 Duster 340 4bbl, 3 spd column shift car converted to a bracket racer. 440 with an automatic.
    [​IMG]

My favorite... my '64 Vette with a pretty hot, hopped up 327 in it. Interestingly, it was a radio delete car. The original purchaser did not want a radio.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010

19. prawnik

prawnik Tele-Holic

Apr 4, 2009
    Kiev, Ukraine
    To name some cars that noone else has:

1. Lancia 037. (Preferably the racing version. I am wondering whether the 16V heads from a later Delta Integrale 16V would fit this engine. It would be a lot cooler if they did)

2. Ferarri 275 GTB

3. Lamorghini Miura GTS

4. Ferrari 265 Dino

5. 1969-1972 Corvette (favorites here being the 1969 ZL-1 and the 1971 LS-6 models. Never liked the details on the '68 as much)

6. The 1991-1994 or so Mazda RX-7

7. Porsche 935 (my favorite being the Kremer Racing Porsches)

8. Porsche 917K

9. Alfa Romeo Guila Sprint GTA

10. Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series.

20. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Apr 30, 2004
    Newly Indiana
    I'll take the GTS, thank you. Absolutely lovely.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.