Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fair price for a used BD-2 Blues Driver?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Grux, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    I have a BD-2 i no longer use, and its about 8 years old. Still works great but is missing the middle "tone" knob. What would be a fair price to sell this for? I don't wanna give it away but I don't people to be turned off by the price of a used pedal either. What would you pay for one?

teledude1958 and Chiogtr4x like this.

2. El Famoso

El Famoso TDPRI Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Nashville
    I see them going for around $50 in good condition. Not sure what you'd get for one knob missing.

tele-bastard, JayFreddy and Grux like this.

3. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    So it's missing just the black plastic Tone knob ( but the actual control still works right?)

I have used a stock ( tried modded , prefer stock) Blues Driver since the pedal came out in the late '90's ( love it, I basically keep it ON all all gigs, work OD from guitar Volume knob)
    and it's just the OD that ' works' for me ( so I appreciate it's VALUE), but I know it's not for everyone...
    I'd say maybe shoot for $60 and hope to get $50?
    - I personally think it's worth more $$, but others may see it as a love/hate Boss pedal, missing a knob...

Grux likes this.

4. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    Yeah just missing, it still works fine. I guess I can replace the knob but I don't see that being an issue for those that like the pedal. I was just getting opinions on what would be a good price for it. $50-$60 is what I was thinking, thanks man!

5. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Holic

Nov 10, 2013
    Greater Atlanta
    Replacing a knob is "difficulty" for those that dont tinker with stuff like that. My suggestion is you order a knob and sell it intact. $50 is the typical price I see for used one and if its in excellent shape (i.e. looks new) then you could probably get $60-70 on the right day...

The missing knob is just a reason for people to talk you down...

moosie and Grux like this.

6. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    Good point it's a perception thing..
    I have an idea get a black Jelly Bean!
    Put it over the post and paint a little white line on it!

Grux likes this.

7. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    Eureka! I could also glue a penny in the slot!

8. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Don't sell it. Even if you're desperate for cash.

I have one, hardly ever use it because of my playing style, but I can't imagine my board without it. If it's redundant to similar pedals you already have, okay.

Grux likes this.

9. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    I know many people love them, but I just never liked it. I bought 2 American Sound Joyo's this year (one for the board, one for a backup) and its exactly what I wanted an overdrive to sound like. I boost it with a TS7 sometimes and its just my sound now.

I'm not desperate for cash, but I'm not a gear hoarder either and I'm never going to use this thing again. I'd much rather someone else get some benefit out of it, like I said I've had it for years but its still in good condition.

10. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    $50 is what I paid for mine used on Ebay ($40 + $10 shipping), and it seemed like a fair price. Looks like a replacement knob is $10...so just knock that off the price, or buy one and install it first, etc.

Grux and JayFreddy like this.

11. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't like mine EITHER, but psychologically, I just can't sell it.

Like, there has to be something wrong with me and NOT the pedal.

Grux likes this.

12. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    A plastic knob is $10?! :eek:

13. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    Well there's something wrong with both of us then Ira lol. Cheers to us, the ones who cannot be swayed by boss BD-2s.

Ira7 likes this.

14. Junkyard Dog

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Well...the knob I saw for sale that looked and fit exactly like the original part was $10.

15. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Grux,

My apologies if my original post here was interpreted as being one of admonishing you for not using Google to make a search for your tone control knob. Not my intention AT ALL. I regret if this caused you an offense, disturbance or distress.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Grux likes this.

16. Junkyard Dog

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Little effort is correct. That is not the tone knob.

17. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA

18. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I love the BD-2!! I am not a Boss guy but they really nailed it with the BD-2. One of the most dynamically sensitive pedals out there. It is absolutely amazing in front of another od as a boost, far better than the old TS-9's faithfully used for decades. I'm just diggin' it!
    Its Achilles heel is it is very touchy about its input signal. It hates other pedals in front of it. Got a pic of yours?

Chiogtr4x likes this.

19. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Then you just need to find a mod name, such as a "BD-2 with the Grus mod" and sell it for more

Grux likes this.

20. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2010
    Fullerton CA
    Grux likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.