Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Faces Re-forming

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by pblossom, May 26, 2010.

1. Yoni

Yoni Friend of Leo's

Jun 10, 2008
    Joliet, not the prison

2. zombuswoof

zombuswoof Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I didn't see that but it's verrry interesting. I have seen Mick Taylor several times over the years in small venues and he's always smoked every time. He could give the Stones a much needed smack on the ass to up their studio game.

3. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    I keep an old beater guitar tuned to high E, or whatever the kids are calling it these days, to do the riffs on "Stay with Me."

4. JackStraw

JackStraw Friend of Leo's

Mar 22, 2008
    In The Pines
    Rod Stewart, Woody, Kenny, Mac and Bill Wyman. That would be the Faces methinks. RIP Ronnie Lane, you are missed.

5. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    In "Old Gods Almost Dead" Sheryl Crow (yeah I know, not the most reliable source) is quoted as saying that Keith regularly verbally savaged and belittled Ronnie. I wonder if looking back he thinks it was worth it?

6. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    Not the Faces but an interesting line up...Slash will have to lose the hat and get a mod haircut...

and Mick T needs to drop 40 before he's back with the RS....

Last edited: May 26, 2010

7. Danno

Danno Tele-Holic

Jan 23, 2008
    NC
    Slash? Why? Fine for GnR but he's not exactly my first choice for more "in the pocket" style. Get that Phil X guy, Rich Robinson, geez - lots of other cats would be more suitable for the gig. Not Slash hatin' but come on.

8. Maxwell Street

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    Daily Mail says Woody sober 60 days and counting...Wood says Stones intact...touring as Faces too...

search Ronnie Wood, most recent www.dailymail.co.uk

9. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    the horror...

10. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Very True IMO.

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Sex, Guns and Red Faces. I like it.

Sounds like a nifty name for a band, e-yep!

12. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

Jun 28, 2006
    Aurora,Colorado
    Well,since Rod is missing in action,it's not really the Faces.

Ear,Nose & Throat maybe

13. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2005
    Irving, United States of Texas!
    Okay,

so it's not "The Faces" that was popular in the early '70s...

I'd say give the guys a break. Ronnie Wood and Kenney Jones don't seem to mind having replacements...

14. Breen

Breen Friend of Leo's

Mar 4, 2009
    Singapore
    Its a Faces cover band. Should be a blast to hear Hucknall's pipes again.

15. zombuswoof

zombuswoof Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Have a look at the Stones' website. For Charlie, Mick, and Keef it says "196x-Present". For Ron Wood it says "1974-2010".

16. Maxwell Street

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    It says 1976 - present for Ronnie...(under the people heading)

17. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

Jul 30, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    So, the Stones will bring in some hip, younger American guitarist to fill Wood's shoes, just like they filled Bill Wyman's. I suppose John Mayer is available?

18. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2009
    Toronto
    Really? Keith Richards has gone on record several times that he didn't enjoy Mick Taylor's tenure with the Stones because it became a really delineated lead/rhythm situation, and he much preferred how Ron Wood weaved in and out of what Keef was doing.

Another reason was that Mick Taylor was pissed that Jagger and Richards didn't give him the songwriting credits (and $$$) that he deserved. As Taylor said in an interview, ". . . one of the things I got angry about was that Mick had promised to give me some credit for some of the songs – and he didn't. I believed I'd contributed enough. Let's put it this way – without my contribution those songs would not have existed. There's not many but enough, things like "Sway" and "Moonlight Mile" on Sticky Fingers and a couple of others."

In Slash's biography, he claimed that Keef teased and tormented Ronnie but there was always some respect there. Probably something in the middle.

19. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mick Hucknall...??

Yikes... :eek:

20. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2009
    Toronto
    BTW, according to the Rolling Stones' official site, Ron Wood's still a member.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.