Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Excited about amp/speaker combo

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Jack S, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    I have a custom made amp head based on a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia that my brother sent to me some years ago. I have only used it a couple times when I had borrowed a 16 ohm cab to basically try it out. I have been enjoying the use of my Tweed Bassman for years and almost forgotten about the other custom amp. However, I decided try it again and a friend let me borrow an Egnater Rebel speaker cab that I have used for a couple of gigs now.

Wow!

I have a new appreciation for what I have! I am on the lookout for my own used Egnater Rebel cab, but I still have my friend's cab for now that he doesn't want to sell. The Celestion Elite 80 in the closed back cab may be the perfect match for that amp head to my ears.

GuitarPix, JustABluesGuy and schmee like this.

2. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.

3. dan40

dan40 Tele-Holic

Aug 19, 2015
    Richmond Va
    I have the same cab and it is a great sounding setup. The ported baffle makes it sound so much bigger than it looks!

Jack S likes this.

4. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    It sounds huge, but the thing that blows me away is the articulation. I play almost exclusively with my fingers, no pick, and in a rock band it is hard for the subtleties to come through, but this combination sparkles.

dan40 likes this.

5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    All those years it waited patiently for you...

Cool

J-Flanders and Jack S like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.